Monday, May 18, 2009

delayed

**Update: We heard from Camryn's doctors and it looks like she'll either be admitted this Thursday and start chemotherapy on Friday or be admitted next Monday with radiation first. If she is admitted on Thursday than her transplant will be on Friday, May 29th. If she is admitted next Monday than transplant will be on Thursday, June 4th. We will find out tomorrow afternoon the final plan.**

Today was supposed to be the day...the day of admission to the hospital...the day our lives would be changed for likely 8 weeks, and now we're

Delayed...

Looks like there is a hitch with insurance and such, nothing major at all...everything will work out fine. But, with the little hitch comes a changed in scheduling as the process of radiation, chemotherapy and transplant is pretty much set...

So it might be an admission later this week or we wait another week for admission next Monday...either way it's not really our call.

I'd like to be frustrated...I'd like to beat my fists at the sky...but, I can't. Because inasmuch as I would like to a peace came...

Not a day sooner or later than what the Lord wants

As I was telling Jason the change I said, "the Lord knows, the timing is His." Honestly, those were not my words...my words would have been frustration, tears, annoyance and yet He met me today...

Trust me...I hold everything, everything in my hands.

Yes, even insurance companies and university hospitals...

So it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things if it is today, tomorrow, two days from now or another week...

Delays don't bother Him...after all He's got all the time in the world.

7 comments:

Something Beautiful said...

Love your faith, your immediate instinct is your faith. What an inspiration to many.

I am frustrated for you. Delays are frustrating especially when it is a delay with a medical issue.

xoxo, mar

Anonymous said...

I have been checking your blog all day to how your first day went. You are right, it's God's timing not ours. Praying that you have some more warm and loving family time while you wait.

Wanda said...

today was not in God's timing!! praising the Lord for your QUICK understand and trust in the ONE who holds every day of our lives... praying for continued peace in the storm...Phil 4:4-6love ya..

Katie said...

Like mar said, your way of dealing with the delay is inspirational. But you are right, everything happens for a reason and we just have to keep remembering that and trust Him.

That said, having grown up in a country where I didnt have to deal with insurance companies I find the whole thing a bit of a hassle at times. I hope your insurance issues get sorted soon.

Katie :o)

Suzanne said...

Still praying for whenever the Lord's timing is perfect for Camryn and your family. Your faith is a testimony.

Anonymous said...

i have just recently become a blogger and i got your blog address off of someone here in Hamilton, Texas, I am praying for you and your and your child and family, God has his had on this precious child and through prayer and faith he will take care of it all, God Bless yall!!

In Christ Love,
Robin

Meghan said...

Praying for you from Alabama!