Thursday, May 28, 2009

happenings so far

We are getting settled, starting to find our routine and as oddly as it sounds it's becoming normal. Yes, normal...

Yesterday radiation went really well...the morning session went well and again the techs did everything to make Camryn comfortable. They brought in glow in the dark stars and planets and hung them on the walls to give Camryn something to look at during treatment...and you know Camryn really enjoyed it. She got a little flashlight to use and look at them while everything gets set up for her...honestly, as non-kid friendly as radiation is the techs are trying their best to make it easier on Camryn and I am thankful.

During the day Wyatt got to come visit and yes that was by far the highlight of the day! Camryn had lots of fun showing Wyatt all the ins and outs of her hospital room. She was proud to show Wyatt how to call the nurse, how to order food and where everything was...it was quite cute. They both hopped up on the bed and watched a video together (pics will be posted soon)...they were too cute. My parents brought Wyatt down so while Jason and I got some lunch the kids hung out together...and Dr. M came by for a social visit and played with the kids, having fun with Camryn's bed. Yes, Dr.M knows the way to patients hearts...be their friend.

Wyatt and Camryn played the Wii for a bit and just enjoyed the afternoon together...Jason took Wyatt home later and Camryn crashed and slept for 2 hours. She was beat from her visit with Wyatt...but, oh it was such a fun time!

Last night Camryn had radiation again at 10pm...it was late and honestly a little weird to be the only one's down in radiation; but all went well and Camryn again did super.

Jason talked with Dr.M yesterday and he was so surprised and pleased that Camryn was doing so well with her radiation. He thought for sure she would need to be sedated as it is very hard for kids to lay still...but so far Camryn's done so well, we are so proud of her!

Today has been a good day too...radiation went well this morning, Grandma Mikels came to hang out with us for awhile and then Grandma & Papa Wilson came by. So, Camryn had visitors and she has really enjoyed her day. Now, it's just me and her and she's watching some tv and resting...this is becoming her slow part of the day. It's nice to have a few down moments.

Wyatt has also had a good day today...he got to go over to my friend T's house for the day to play. A big thanks to T for taking care of Wyatt today...It means so much. One of the things that is really hard with all of this is being divided and having to balance care of both Camryn and Wyatt. But I am so thankful for our families and friends who help us figure out all the details.

We are doing alright...hanging in there day by day. Transplant is a week from today and that will be our BIG day...the day of much anticipation. The day when numbers start moving in positive directions...

Only 3 more radiation treatments and we are very thankful...with each day bridges are being crossed and we are thankful.

The Lord continues to guide us and care for us in all things...

4 comments:

Something Beautiful said...

Appreciate the updates!
Praying.
mar

Sheryl from Colorado said...

I am so happy to hear how good things are going! Praise The Lord! I will continue to pray and sometime soon, you should receive something in the mail that will be near and dear to your heart!

Praying in Colorado!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and wanted you to know that I am praying for your sweet Camryn! It sounds like things are going well so far and I pray that continues.

Nikki said...

I'm glad that everything is going well so far! I was wondering if you could explain radiation, I am 15 and I don't know much about it. I'm so happy that Wyatt and Camryn were able to hang out!! Praying