Tuesday, May 26, 2009

days down...

Two days down...how many more to go? I'm not sure, but at least we've begun the process.

Camryn's radiation treatment got bumped back to 10:30 this morning as opposed to 6:00, so I was able to be down there with her and Jason. Camryn was nervous, she's never done this and I could tell she was a bit overwhelmed. The techs were very nice and gentle with her, which was helpful...Jason and I walked away to the waiting area. I teared up...just so not wanting to do this again with her...just wishing that she would be okay. The procedure would take 30 minutes, and yet it felt like an eternity.

The tech came out half way through to let us know that she was doing okay, a little fidgety, but okay. The second half was a bit rough on her as she had to be strapped down so she wouldn't move as much...the tech said Camryn teared up, which just made my heart break. I wanted to run to her in that moment...hold her and never let go. But, these are necessary steps and we do our best to encourage Camryn...protect Camryn...and be strong for Camryn.

After radiation was through she was fine...she wanted to go back to her room and just be left alone. We headed back and she ordered her lunch, which was a good sign. We ate some lunch and then had a surprise...

Nurse Charlotte and Nurse Allison came to visit...yes, this was very special for Camryn. While chatting with them she played Wii bowling with Allison and just enjoyed having them come. I am continually thankful for the care they give Camryn and us...we are indebted to them...

We played some, got Camryn's line changed and headed up to the playroom for a bit. All in all it was a nice afternoon...

Later this evening Auntie Heather came to visit and I know that was a very special time for Camryn...she loves having her visitors.

Tomorrow brings a new day and we continue to settle in to our routine and find a balance of life at home and life at the hospital. Thank you for the sweet comments, emails and thoughts...they are so encouraging to us as we travel moment by moment.

And the highlight tomorrow...Wyatt's coming to visit Camryn...yep, that is a much anticipated event!

Pics to come I promise.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you and i am praying for you guys! Give her my love! If there is anything i can do... LET ME KNOW :)

Shalady said...

What a trooper you have there my friend! I can't imagine being in her shoes or yours.

Love the fact that you are at a place where the staff, especially the nurses, care so much! What a blessing that is!

Keeping the entire family in prayers...

(((HUGS))) from Indiana!

Tricia

Anonymous said...

I am checking every day for your updates and I am praying every day. Thank you for your honest feelings being expressed in your posts. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you. Your faith is strong and I know God will carry all of you through this. I will keep praying, praying , praying!! Is there an address where we can send a card or something?

Love,
Carla in Maryland

Meghan said...

I know that this may not be okay but I really wanted to send a card to Camryn. Can you guys give the address of the hospital? Praying for you guys for Alabama!

Tara said...

I don't know you but I love reading your blog and I am so inspired by your faith and overwhelming love for your babies. I have a little girl who is six months old. I cannot relate nor imagine the things that you are going through... I pray that I never have to. But I just want you to know that I am praying for Camryn. and Wyatt. and you.

Diana said...

We are continuing to pray as you head toward transplant. May you feel the peace of God wrapped around each of you every step of the way. Praying for God's healing for Camryn.

Katie said...

Have been thinking about you. This Blog world is so cool isnt it, people all over the country, thinking and praying for you all :o)

Camryn is such a little trooper. I hope she has lots of fun with her best friend; I know you will enjoy and cherish the time with them together :o)

Katie

Suzanne said...

Keeping all your family in our prayers

Kristi said...

Hi my friend! I hope Wyatt's visit today was super fun for both of them. I just emailed you to see if we might be able to see you on Sunday (we are going to be in So Cal). It's been too long. I left my number in the email or you can just reply to it as well. Praying for you all and sending hugs!

Kristi Schwisow

Debbie said...

Please know that we are praying without ceasing for you all. Your blog is the first thing I check in the morning and the last thing I read in the evening. Sending much love and wishing you God's peace...
Debbie
(I'm so glad that you are in the new hospital with a larger room).