Today as we waited to hear the news from Camryn's doctors as to whether she would be admitted in May or June for transplant, I was praying that whatever outcome would be best for Camryn would come. That if she needed another round of arsenic then that was okay...if she needed that to have better odds so to speak then that was okay. After all, we've learned to take whatever comes day by day.
Well...
Camryn's doctors called and it looks like her leukemia cells percentage is at 1% or lower! Can I say AMAZING? We were hoping for somewhere around 5%...so to hear that it could possibly be at 1% is just awesome. Camryn's doctor called and asked Jason if he was sitting down...because the news was so good!
These results are not official as the pathology reports are not completely ready, we should find out those reports tomorrow. But, on looking and talking with the pathologists the doctors feel the news is really good.
We are excited...in a way that is not all that exciting. This means that Camryn will be admitted on Monday, May 18th; start her radiation treatment on May 19th and then transplant would be May 28th. It's hard to be excited, but we are very thankful to get the process started to get Camryn well.
Honestly, I really don't think we ever thought we'd hear that her percentages were that low...we really had prepared ourselves for hearing that Camryn would need one more round of arsenic. Now, we shift gears...we've got a week and a half.
There are a long list of things running through my mind now...we have a date, a definite path, we have a plan. So we begin to prepare...
Today as I was waiting and trying not to let my anxious thoughts to get the best of me I cleaned out Wyatt's dresser and used my label maker to label where his clothes are and such...after that I hit Camryn's closet. Yes, I was a mother possessed. I had to work out my anxiety or it just might have gotten me. Luckily our niece Riley came over to play with Camryn & Wyatt so that was also a very nice distraction.
My heart was heavy just thinking of what's to come, but you know what...there is no way to anticipate all of it, there is too much. We'll take it one day at a time...
For now we go on Friday for some preliminary tests for transplant and then next Tuesday Wyatt will come to clinic with Camryn to do his part.
Please be praying for our family as we begin to work out schedules and plans for the next few months. I won't lie it will not be easy for us to juggle Camryn's care and Wyatt's care, but the Lord knows...He carries Camryn through and He carries Wyatt through. Please pray that as we enjoy our days at home we cherish them...we hold on to the time we have and not be overwhelmed by emotions.
Thank you for walking this journey with us...
One of my prayers throughout Camryn's first journey with leukemia was that the Lord would leave us amazed at who He is...that there would be no question as to who gets the glory. Well, today...
He left us amazed with percentages that can only come from Him through unlikely medicines...
All Glory To Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
Sitting here in tears with a big smile on my face. So glad to hear the good news. Praying the rest of the treatment goes well. Love you guys!
Praise the Lord!
I have followed your blog for awhile but just have not commented, and it is amazing the similaritys and differences that family's go through when they have a child with cancer, or other similar diseases. my Brother is getting ready for a transplant sometime soon.. and I know what is feels like, the worry, crying out to God, praying without ceasing, the joys and sorrow.. I am praying for your family as Tranplant is coming up very soon!!
Praise God for the miracles that he has already performed!!
Lindsay
Such good news!!
I know that this is all very bittersweet, but I do want to say, what wonderful news! Good is good! He is helping you through this difficult time, and He also finds joy in this percentage! I will continue to pray for your family in the days and weeks to come.
Love,
Carla from Maryland
Thank you sweet Jesus! I am praying you enjoy the next week and a half at home. I have lots of faith that this transplant will go well! Thinking of you and your family as you prepare for what is ahead.
Glad you are able to move forward to the next battle...LOOK OUT leukemia here comes the DYNAMIC DUO!!!
xoxo, mar
that is the best news I've heard all week... so happy for your family and will continue to pray - our God is truly Amazing Camryn's story has that written all over it.
Yay!! Praise the Lord...what wonderful news! Love you!
Kristi
PS: Love that you use a label maker. :) I should get one of those!
Post a Comment