Thursday, June 16, 2011

love me some u.s.of a.

Those of you that know me in real life know that I teach 8th grade U.S. History which covers the Revolutionary War to the Civil War and Reconstruction. Anyways...I thought it was time for some patriotic pride as one of my favorite holidays is quickly approaching...

July 4th!

Yes...the history buff in me loves all things Americana. I love red.white.blue...I love flags...I love all things U.S. of A.

So incredibly thankful that I have the opportunity to teach students the importance of their country, their freedoms, their democracy, their opportunities...yes, I love it all.

In fact this summer my goal is to read a bunch of historical novels ranging from Team of Rivals, 1776, The Greatest Generation, and anything else my eye catches...yep, I am a history nerd.

Hope you have an amazing summer...

2 comments:

Wanda said...

you should go to the glendale centr theater web site. they are doing 1776 for the next show. we are going on july 30th. you would enjoy it!!

Unknown said...

I love the Fourth of July as well!!! What a cute blog background. Very patriotic!!!