Tuesday, June 21, 2011

first day of school...

Yesterday Wyatt had his first day of school (summer school that is), but school nonetheless...

Wyatt has never embarked on new adventures on his own. He always has had his trusty best friend, big sister, teacher, did I mention best friend by his side. And yesterday morning as fear crept in his little heart I completely understand why...

His childhood has been unlike most 4-almost-5-year-olds...

And yesterday morning I saw it...Wyatt is a brave little guy, a very fun little guy, but he was completely overwhelmed by the other kids who were so sure of themselves and I saw it in his eyes, he wanted to crumble in a million pieces. He didn't know what to do...do I sit here, do I say hi, how do I navigate in this world? Camryn has always been by my side.

And I watched all the while my heart breaking into a million pieces...fighting back tears that soon found me while driving home.

Thankfully, his teacher is an incredible lady who has a beautiful heart for little ones. She loved him through...and when I picked him up he was smiles, he had fun, and he even made some friends. In fact the little guy who sits next to him asked, "Hey Wyatt, tomorrow do you want to be buddies and play together?" Wyatt smiled and said a quiet yes.

Wyatt is learning a new life and as his momma I want to protect him and I will admit there was a strong desire to pick him up dry his tears and hold him forever. But, I know that he needs this...he needs to develop a world of his own. He needs to live a life for him...he needs to create a world of Wyatt not of Camryn.

We had tears again this morning, but I'm hoping to see my little guy in about an hour and I hope to see a smile.

He is okay, he will be okay, but learning this adventure is a tough one for Wyatt.

Gosh, I love him and he always had a bond with his momma's heart that is different than Camryn. Wyatt and I both have traveled a journey together and now I want so badly to save him, but he needs to grow his own wings and fly...

Hoping.Believing.Trusting as he learns to fly.

No comments: