Saturday, December 11, 2010

12.11.10...

A little piece of normal found us today and it feels a bit odd; and yet completely wonderful all at once.

Today we ran a couple errands to try to finish our Christmas shopping...we're almost done! Yay...only one more gift to get. As we were picking up a few things and just enjoying being together I caught myself watching us. You know those moments when you feel as though you are watching your life instead of living it...yep, in Target I had that moment. Jason, Camryn, and Wyatt were looking at ornaments and I heard them talking...as I walked over I thought, "they look normal". As we continued through the store it was amazing how my heart just felt like this is life, my life.

We headed home and just hung out the rest of the day...did a little cleaning, laundry, and tidying up. The kids were playing and we were enjoying a very nice day.

Tonight we headed to church...as I have said before church has been a struggle because honestly for the almost 5 years there has only been about a stretch of six months that church was consistent. Now that Camryn can do more, we decided to maybe try to go on Saturday nights since the crowd is a bit smaller and the children's program isn't too full. Camryn has enjoyed the few weeks we have gone and tonight she was thrilled. Evidently she answered questions correctly and won some candy from Teacher Linda. Yep, she is sold on church! :) Wyatt has decided he will give the children's program a try next week...we'll see if he really does it. For now Wyatt hangs out with Jason and me in the balcony coloring. Thankfully the pastor is Jason's dad so he does mind seeing Wyatt upstairs...in fact tonight he said, "I heard Wyatt tonight and that is great!"

As we drove home and the kids chatted in the backseat I told Jason I am really looking forward to Christmas because it seems like the first one in a long time that I can enjoy...it feels darn I say it...normal.

Incredibly thankful...

I have been longing for normal...a new kind, but normal none-the-less. A place where the air doesn't feel so heavy, and the clouds seem to be parting...a place where the fear isn't as overwhelming. The Lord is opening doors...He is holding us still, throughout all the ups and downs...so thankful.

And when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left, your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." ~ Isaiah 30:21

1 comment:

Diana said...

Rejoicing with you on the little bit of normalcy that has returned to your life. That has got to be such a refreshing feeling! Still praying for you guys....