Sometimes the *right* words come...
Sometimes the words that should come don't...
Sometimes instead of the words it is a lump in the throat...
Tonight as I was at choir practice as we are preparing for our concert this weekend it hit me...the moment when the words meant more, oh so much more. Our director who is my dear friend and really he along with his wife are the ones who convinced me to join choir was explaining the story behind one of the songs we are singing. The song I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day...a beautiful song, an unforgettable song once you hear the story behind it. I won't spoil it if you come to the concert...but, if not look it up...the poem is written by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow and it is amazing. Suffice it to say he had experienced significant loss, a loss so deep and a heart so real that the holidays had become an unbearable time for him...but he heard the bells. That God had brought peace to his life...
I have been singing this song since August and only tonight heard the story...it was powerful. While we sang the song tears welled in my eyes...because it felt as if my heart had found the right words.
Throughout the four years and ten months that this journey has been the dominating story I have often felt as if there was no peace...that my heart was a raging sea, that I battled and battled only to find myself right back where I started...never quite feeling that anything had been settled, gained or even learned. And yet..."God is not dead, nor doth he sleep...Peace On Earth."
The Lord never once turned away from the story, never once abandoned the characters, never once left us alone, left me alone.
And then as I got in my car to drive home after practice I switched cds as I was in need of something different than my choir cd. A song began to play...
Sound of Your Voice...
Anyone who knows me well knows I LOVE Third Day, they are my favorite and yes I have admitted a crush on Mac Powell's voice...
I ran away from your love
But you waited for me
Yes you waited for me
And then I heard your song
Singing over me
Singing over me
Now that I hear you Lord
I want to know you more
I want to know you more
Sing your song to me
Oh there’s no greater thing
Than to listen to the sound of your voice
When I hear your song
I want to sing along
And listen to the sound of your voice
The sound of your voice
Lord I am calling your name
And I’m waiting for you
Yes I’m waiting for you
So won’t you show me your way
And I will follow you
Yes I will follow you
Now that I hear you Lord
I want to know you more
I want to know you more
Sing your song to me
Oh there’s no greater thing
Than to listen to the sound of your voice
When I hear your song
I want to sing along
And listen to the sound of your voice
Singing over me
Bringing peace and mercy
With a song that never ends
Singing over me
Marvelous and holy
Lord I want to hear your song again
Sing your song to me
Oh there’s no greater thing
Than to listen to the sound of your voice
When I hear your song
I want to sing along
And listen to the sound of your voice
The sound of your voice
I want to hear your song
I want to hear your voice
I ran away from your love
But you waited for me
Yes you waited for me
In that moment these were the right words...
I long to hear my Savior's voice...I long to hear him say my name...I long to see his face...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment