Friday, December 24, 2010

christmas eve...

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve, if I'm honest ever since I was little I have always enjoyed the beauty, the traditions, and the spirit of Christmas Eve. We went to my parents' house in the afternoon for a good old-fashioned Southern meal and family time. A family tradition has always been going to the Christmas Eve service at church, I remember when I was little sitting with my cousins and whispering about what presents we hoped we get later that evening. We enjoyed the service, the candles, and the time together.



These two thoroughly enjoyed Christmas Eve...of course they were very excited to open presents, but they really enjoyed heading to church and celebrating Jesus' birthday!



Me and my girl...love this little face.



After presents and lots of food the kids enjoyed time with their cousins Caleb, Josh, and Makenna...this is Josh showing Wyatt and Camryn how to play the game. The kids love their older cousins so much, they love time spent with them and it just made Christmas all the better!



When we got home Camryn and Wyatt left their note for Santa and headed to bed...



Christmas Eve was a blessed day spent with family and celebrating an amazing gift...it's amazing sharing the day and evening with the kids as they get older. They begin to understand more and more the amazing gift of Jesus...and really that's gift enough.

No comments: