The past couple of days I have been mulling, pondering, thinking through some moments that haunt me still...moments that for many are long gone. You know the saying, "out of sight, out of mind." It seems through this journey that there are a lot of moments that as a mother I have tucked away for another day. Some days they catch up with me and I have my wits about me to deal with them...other days it's not that easy.
So many distant memories and moments, but they are never too far away...
Thankfully, the hard moments are less and the pace of life has a bit more ease to it. In no way does that mean that life is easy, but life certainly has been harder...much harder.
This past week has been lots of fun, feeling like the full taste of summer has taken hold of us. Thursday, we headed to the beach for another wonderful day. Honestly I think Camryn and Wyatt could just spend days upon days at the beach. They love playing in the sand, building castles, digging holes and just being little beach bums. Camryn got brave and headed down to the water with her Daddy. They stood and jumped in the ways and just laughed and laughed. Wyatt enjoyed eating some snacks with Mommy and watching his sister play. Some days I wish I could just freeze time and capture every smile, every giggle and keep it forever.
Yesterday, I had lunch with my dear friend J...she is amazing. We had a wonderful lunch and it was so nice to reconnect and just pick up right where we left off. In the evening our very good friends K,T & E came over for dinner and play time. It was great, hanging out watching the kids play and just being...it was good for my soul.
Today, Jason and I ran some errands together and had lots of fun...the kids meanwhile baked cupcakes with my mom and enjoyed some time at grandma's house. As we were mindless wandering through various stores we found ourselves in the little girl section and I said, "you know Camryn doesn't need any new clothes, but I love looking at her clothes; because I can. she is still my little girl...she is surviving."
All in all the Lord brings healing moments within those moments when distant memories surround me....
Thankful that even though distant memories come and find me, He is bigger...and sometimes that's all I know for certain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Thankful for your good week, praying for many many more of those this summer...love you friend!
Post a Comment