Monday, July 19, 2010

this 'n that...

Been a little bit of this 'n that this past weekend...

After Camryn's line removal she is doing great! Saturday morning she slept in and got some much needed rest. Most of Saturday she was quite sore, not complaining that the site hurt; but, more just very cautious and not wanting anything to hurt the site. As the day went on she was doing better and better.

Saturday evening was spent outdoors, the kids played and played...it was a wonderful evening! Bike rides, baseball, running through the water mister, watering the yard...lots of summer fun. I absolutely love summer evenings when the cool breeze picks up after a hot day...the ease of life, the pace of the evening, it was a lot of fun. I didn't take a single picture, guess I was capturing the moments in my mind's eye...the moments were priceless.

The evening ended with a summer rock concert by none other than Camryn & Wyatt rockin' out in the driveway singing at the top of their lungs, it was awesome! I love their spirit, the innocence of youth...gosh, to be so young at heart.

Sunday, Camryn and Wyatt enjoyed some time at Grandma & Papa's house while Jason and I headed out to help his sister pack up some things to prepare for their move. I have to admit while packing my nephews' room that it was very bittersweet...I love those boys so much and the thought that their life is moving to a new *place* was a bit surreal. Plus, I really hope J's legos make it there safe and sound! :)

All and all life is moving along nicely, hopefully there will be no trips to UCLA this week as we went 3 times last week. Camryn is doing well and we are thankful...took a look at her site today and it's healing. Her poor skin has taken quite a beating from all the adhesive tape and remover over the past months, so it is pretty sensitive, hoping it heals up quickly to give Camryn some relief. She is more and more active and having lots of fun! In fact today, while I was helping my mom clean out some things in my old room we found a dress of mine size 5 so Camryn wanted to try it on...yep, fit her perfectly and my mom could not believe how much she looked like me in it. I'm going to try to find a picture of me in it...and then take one of Cam, it's fun sharing things of my childhood with her. At times I think she is a bit like me, she loves treasures...she loves things that were mine, or my mom's. There is a lot of fun sharing your past with your little ones...I enjoyed it very much.

Wyatt spent the day getting his hair cut and running some errands with his Daddy, boy did he enjoy that. And I must admit I love when Wy gets his hair cut...so darn cute! We are beginning our preparations for Wyatt's fourth birthday...I simply canNOT believe he will be four. Wow...we are starting to get things together and begin that fun...I love me a party and it's always fun celebrating the gift of Wyatt, I love it!

Well...that's our life these days, pretty basic and pretty great. Plus, our nightly routines are simply great now...no shots, no line changes, just medicines, it's a bit more normal and we love it!

Yep, doesn't take much for us to be thankful around here.

No comments: