On Friday we said our "good-bye" to part of Jason's sister's family who are moving to Colorado. I won't lie it wasn't easy, but it was especially hard for Camryn. She had to say good-bye to James, her best friend.
Throughout this journey Camryn's cousins have been her social network, her friends and since she was little her best friend has been James. He has always and will always hold a very special place in her heart...the bond they share is priceless. On the ride home she cried and cried, not understanding it all and just heartbroken for having to say good-bye to her James. It was difficult knowing what to say to her little heart...the usual, we'll see them again's and we'll talk to them often's just don't cut it. Camryn's heart operates a bit differently than most six year olds. Her world is small and she really does not know how she'll get through without James. He means so incredibly much to her...
As I sat Friday night thinking about it I could imagine that if at six I had to say good-bye to my cousin Steven (who is very much to me like James is to Camryn) I know that my heart would just ache too. I very much believe Camryn envisioned going to school with James and just growing up with her best friend at her side. And if I'm honest I did too.
But, life has a way of changing on us when we least expect it.
Camryn is doing better, but she'll miss them all...especially a little guy named James. I wish good-byes were easier, but they're not.
I guess the anticipation for Christmas will be that much greater, because I think perhaps the greatest gift might just be James, Tori and Jackson walking through the door. :)
We certainly know that what we've had and have as an extended family has been a great blessing and I know that these past four years of Camryn's journey would have been much more difficult on her heart without her cousins, all ten of them.
Grateful for the time we have had and eagerly anticipating the time we will share as it will be that much sweeter...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
My heart just breaks for Cam. She has had to endure so much and now to have to let go of someone so special to her, just plain stinks. I'm so sorry and I hope her days brighten up soon.
Post a Comment