Wednesday, June 30, 2010

end of june...

A year ago we started a journey that quite honestly I did not know where it would lead. Camryn came home on June 29th of last year and so it has been a complete year of being home.

A long year...

A blessed year...

A hard year...

A hopeful year...

Camryn and Wyatt have grown throughout this year and I am so incredibly thankful for what the Lord has given to me as their mommy. I am grateful for being on the other side of the year...

This year has stretched me to a degree that I did not know was possible and yet I know there is much growth that needs to continue. Isn't that the nature of our walk with our Saviour...growing, learning, pruning, breaking, molding. Again and again the images of a potter with the clay...

When I was in college I took a ceramics class, it was a challenge...I barely survived the wheel. Throwing pot after pot...trying to get the feel of the clay in my hands, desperately wanting the clay to just do what I wanted...forcing, too much pressure. The clay was able to move as I directed it, but I became impatient. Hopeful that maybe in some ways I would become a master potter...but, that never happened.

I struggled to throw 6 cyclinders that would be cut in half to see if each side was equal...in some way to prove that I had mastered it. I would go night after night pleading with my clay to just be...

Funny how I feel now that my potter is pleading with my heart...

Just be.

A year behind us, a year ahead of us. We are not entirely sure what Camryn's school year looks like. We are not sure of the next step with her line or her Lovenox. We are hopeful that in the next year more and more of life will come.

But the potter is quietly whispering...

Just be.

Be still...and know that I am God.

No comments: