Wednesday, June 9, 2010

haven't forgotten...

Just in case you'd thought I'd forgotten to post pics of our very exciting celebration of Camryn's year, I haven't. I'm just caught between getting my laptop back into the land of the living so I'm having to install some software so that I can now upload pics to my computer as opposed to Jason's work computer. I know you were all dying to know that. :)

Anyways, it should be done shortly so like tomorrow pics will be posted...

::::::::::::::::::::::

In other news...

Monday we had an appointment with Camryn's new primary care doctor (pediatrician). I was nervous, not going to lie...I just knew I would have to retell Camryn's story, the entire journey and you know sometimes my heart just can't take it. Plus, I knew the doctor's office was somewhere in the same building as Camryn's peds hemoc clinic, but I didn't know where exactly. And for those of you with UCLA experience, UCLA medical center is a big place.

We got off the elevator on the all familiar floor and noticed that Camryn's new pediatrician's office was in the same suite as her clinic. Guess after countless trips I had totally forgotten her clinic suite number. That being said, all the people where our same friends. Same receptionist, a familiar nurse, and all the usual familiar faces were there. All of this made Camryn very at ease, she was nervous too; didn't quite know what to expect. When Dr.L came in he was so kind and caring, I liked him immediately. Jason and I talked with him and he asked some questions, but it was obvious that he had done a bit of research on his new patient. No crazy questions like "Are you new here at UCLA?". Yes, we've heard that question. He talked about his role in her care and everything just seemed to flow. We explained our insurance craziness and he agreed that moving Camryn to UCLA was in fact the best decision. He assured us he would make all necessary referrals and to call if we needed anything at all...and hopefully he would see us soon as Camryn gets better and better.

Would you believe that Camryn's referral went in Monday morning and would be approved by Monday afternoon? Yes, that is efficient and for Camryn that's what we need. Jason and I both left with a feeling of peace, knowing that hopefully we had made the best decision in order to continue Camryn's care with doctors and nurses who love her so. I am ever so thankful for our journey with amazing people!

Sometimes it's just nice to have a gentle reminder that the Lord's hands are much bigger than mine and He is carrying Camryn through always.

1 comment:

Diana said...

God always provides when we need His provisions the most, huh? Yeah for a new pediatrician. Does that mean Camryn will be able to get her heart echo soon?