Wednesday, June 2, 2010

always something...

Today was a bit of a whirlwind of a day...wasn't planned to be that way, but nonetheless it was.

Started out by me having to leave for work a lot earlier than normal as it was our 8th grade graduation practice and I had to be there to practice reading the names of the graduates. After practice was over I headed back to my room with plans to clean and finish up some work, but I was followed by a pack of 8th grade students who just wanted to hang out for awhile. As I sat and chatted and listened to them and really just was there to be there while they talked of ending 8th grade I watched the clock tick and alas nothing got done. Oh well...some days are just like that, got to seize the moment and realize that cleaning and organizing will get done, but those kids will only be in my world of 8th grade a few more days.

I headed home to meet my mom to head to run some errands. When I got home I was surprised to find Camryn still "at" school with Mrs.W, evidently Mrs.W had to push Camryn's time back so now we were just waiting for Camryn to finish school. But, our plans for errands and lunch got interrupted. When Camryn finished school Mrs.W had some forms for me to fill out in order to drop Camryn from Carlson (the name of her school) or re-enroll her for the fall. As much as my heart said to drop Camryn and enroll her in Village, my head knew better. I would love to say that Camryn will be attending a traditional school in the fall, but that would be false hope. That's not to say that Camryn might be able to go to first grade in the fall, but that is something that I have learned not to wait for those things; but rather take today for today.

After the papers were signed and I said a little prayer for my heart to just let go and trust in that moment we headed out to run errands. We had fun and then headed to my parent's house for some dinner. Always nice to eat dinner with my parents, mostly because my mom always makes yummy food and she makes my favorites! Yum!

When we arrived home there on our front porch was Camryn's mail order medicine and guess what...they send the pills instead of the liquid, fabulous! Now we are fighting through that...I would gladly take the pills, but they are a bit large for Camryn to get down. We have had tons of issues with this specific medication and I will be so glad when Camryn is off of it, but for now we will try or best to find a happy medium. We had plans tonight to finalize our ideas for Camryn's year celebration, but because of pharmacies and medicines we are just dealing with what needs to be done.

Yes, it is always something...but I guess that is just what it is. If I keep in perspective that it could be worse...where we were last year on this Wednesday was the eve of transplant and a million unknowns loomed before us. Now, we are just dealing with the life of a leukemia survivor and a donor...and parents trying our best to trust and believe.

For there is always something in this life...all of us, no matter how great or how small. But, thankfully our Lord is big enough to carry all of it no matter the size. I'm so thankful that our lives our lived in His hands, especially on days like today.

2 comments:

Symphony =) said...

Aww...:( I'm sorry today wasn't a great day for you...tomorrow is a new day, i pray it is better:)...I hope and pray that God continues to heal camryn, and that you guys will have peace through it all...
I love you guys sooo much! =)
Jesus is with you always, and will never leave you...

Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

-Katrina

Kara said...

thanks for your words today dana. the past two days have brought some struggles and new uncertainties in my life, but you are so right God is big enough to carry all of it...how thankful i am for that!

so glad to hear camryn is doing well and that you enjoyed your weekend trip. tell her she is still getting prayers in texas :)

kara