Friday, June 18, 2010

last day...

As I write this Camryn is finishing her last day of kindergarten. If I'm honest I am completely amazed that this year is over...kindergarten, her first year of school is almost done. If you have been reading awhile you know that one of the heartaches of Camryn's relapse was losing "school". When Camryn was first sick the hope, the promise, the idea of school was always out there on the horizon. And the better Camryn did the more and more that hope came into focus for us. We had begun to fill out her application for kindergarten and started planning which testing date would be best and so on. Then it all fell apart...

And today it is complete.

Complete, but not in any way I would ever imagined it to be. But that is the beauty of it. The Lord in all His goodness took this broken dream and made something new. He did not just give us what we wanted as that would never be possible, but He gave us what we, Camryn needed.

Two amazing teachers...Mrs.F and Mrs.W have been the most amazing teachers for Camryn. Teaching her to read, write, add, subtract, cut, glue, color, enjoy school, and have a taste of reclaiming a bit of what was lost.

Excited for Camryn to finish...

Excited for summer to come...

Excited that a bit of healing has come to my heart...

Thankful that throughout a long year hope came...

Class of 2010, Camryn completes kindergarten.

No comments: