Sunday, April 18, 2010

slower pace...

This weekend life as seemingly slowed a bit and it is wonderful...

The past month has been quite busy for us through March and April...anniversary, birthday, San Francisco, Easter, Camryn's birthday. Whew, what a whirlwind of fun and oh so enjoyable! But now we head the slower part to our year...spring is busy through these weeks, but now life takes a slower pace and we like it!

Friday night was spent at home watching the Dodger game...yep, this Mikels family is HUGE Dodger fans. The kids love watching the games and cheering for their favorite players...it's too fun! We had a lazy Friday night and sometimes I think that is the perfect way to end the week...although I must admit before kids and before leukemia I loved having Friday night plans. Loved having "something" to do...now, I like the nothingness of it. A weird change for me, but very much where I am now.

Saturday the kids and I ran to the teacher supply store, it's Open House this week for me and so I needed a few items to spruce up my room...the kids like going there as there is lots to look at and see. We came home and played a bit outside while Jason and I worked on cleaning up our backyard. Sigh...our backyard too such a beating while we dealt with the in's and out's of hospital life and such. We used to have a great backyard, lush grass and beautiful flowers...and now, we'll it's taken a beating. I guess we had more important things to deal with...

So now we are going to try little by little to fix things up a bit. Lately Jason and I are both feeling like it's time to start putting our life back together...our home. For quite awhile it's been survival and trying to just get by and now the feeling is that we are here and let's live...live right here where we are.

Today we spent time working on Camryn's homework...the kids put on puppet shows and we had a wonderful day! Days like these make me really believe that there is hope throughout this...

Little by little...

Step by step...

Whether it is a slower pace or not, we'll get there...Camryn will get there and throughout it all we thank the Lord for days like these that allow us to catch our breaths and simply say...

"thank you"

1 comment:

Amee said...

glad you had a weekend like this...praying for you alays my dear friend...