Six years ago I held a precious baby girl for the first time and had I known then what I know now I would have kept her in a bubble...trying with all my might to keep her safe and sound. But, you know even in that bubble leukemia would have come twenty-one months later. It is incredibly hard for me to grasp that the only birthday not marked by leukemia was her first...
And now here we are on her sixth...
Camryn Lee is six.
Honestly, it is taking a lot for me to swallow and grasp those words...six. When Camryn turned five the future was so completely unknown and I guess for any year it is, but for Camryn transplant #2 was looming and the outcomes were so unknown. And now a year later...
Camryn is here, living and making our world brighter just by her being in it. She is almost through one year of school and is blossoming completely. She has lost 3 teeth and is on the verge of losing 3 more! She has grown...she is talented...she is smart...she is well, completely amazing.
Camryn Lee...
There is a song I love called, "If I Had Only Known" and sometimes sweet girl I wonder how differently your life would be these six years had you not had the foe you have. Had you been able to be a kid fighting make believe villians and foes instead of a very real one that never plays fair. I often find myself in complete amazement at the strength bottled up inside of you. And your heart...your heart is a treasure beyond measure. You have taught your mommy much and for all the lessons learned I am sure that you have taught me more than I have ever taught you...
Your laugh makes the fears, worries and anxiety of the future fade away. Your smile carries heaps of hope...
For you see sweet girl if I had only known what a gift these past six years have been and the treasure you are I would have tried to memorize each moment...for each day spent with you is the gift of a life time.
We love you...more than any words can properly express.
Love you...
Daddy, Mommy and of course Wyatt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
I hope Camryn has a wonderful 6th birthday! I have followed you for a while now and am so glad she is doing so well. What plans the Lord has for her!!!!
-Mel in Texas
Happy, Happy 6th Birthday you beautiful girl. You are beautiful, strong and wise beyond your years. I love reading your Mom's blog and feeling the love and admiration that she has for you sweet girl. I hope your day is a bright as you!!
amazing six year old is quite the understatement...i don't think there are adequate words to sum up your little cam! celebrating her six years with you!!
LOVE you cam!! happy, happy birthday! may year 6 be the best yet!
Happy 6th Birthday to Camryn!!!
LOVED the Alice in Wonderland party theme :)
Prayers continue for many, many birthdays to come...
Post a Comment