Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"just" labs...

It's Tuesday...so as you know if you follow us it usually means a clinic visit of some sort, well not to disappoint you we headed to clinic this morning for labs and labs only. Being that I am on Easter vacation this week I took Camryn down and since it was just a quick lab trip we took Wyatt along for the fun. Camryn absolutely loved having Wyatt along, seriously he is just the treat to brighten her day...so as we drove down to UCLA this morning Camryn had her buddy chatting and chatting with her. I'm sure it made the trip so much faster and much more enjoyable.

We got to clinic and just went to procedure which is great because one we don't have to pay a co-pay and we had paid 4 weeks in a row so we were ready to have a co-pay free week. But the better reason is Camryn's most favorite two people at UCLA were found there...Nurse Charlotte and Dr.M. Nurse Charlotte was ready and waiting for Camryn and they chatting while Camryn help gather the supplies necessary for a lab draw. While she was gathering her supplies Camryn came running over and whispered, "Mom Dr. M is in that room, I hear him and I see him!" Oh my goodness she was excited...it's a funny thing the connection Camryn has to Dr.M, it's priceless! As I watched Camryn gather her supplies I admit it makes me chuckle a bit watching Camryn act like a mini Nurse Charlotte. Once the labs were drawn we said hi to a few other people and were gathering our things to head home and who should come out of the room and come say hi...Dr.M.

Seeing Dr.M was wonderful, an official doctors visit. He confirmed the various things about Camryn right now, her rash, med changes and such. He is just the best. As we talked he also confirmed that "Camryn is right where we want her....if you have people praying for her healing than the GVH is a complete answer to prayer." We talked a bit about GVH and I expressed to him that it is so hard to battle this and explain to people that this whole GVH thing is really good, because honestly it feels really bad; especially for Camryn. Dr.M smiled and said the GVH is the key to it all...really the GVH is even more important than the transplant for Camryn. He told me about a patient that battled GVH for two years and is now in a solid remission, he said that's what he would like to see with Camryn. A smile and a sigh by me...

There is no doubt in my mind that Camryn's team at UCLA is the best ever, they are. But, sometimes the realities of getting Camryn well are just hard and they stink. So I know that GVH and the balancing of medicines is what Camryn needs for long term health, but the day to day life of this stage is rough. But, slowly but surely we'll get there...

As Camryn, Wyatt and me walked to the car I said a little prayer of thanks...thankful for the Lord allowing me that "chance" encounter with Dr.M. To hear straight from the man who has walked with us for almost four years...to hear from the man who means so much to us...to hear from Camryn's biggest cheerleader and biggest fan. I was so completely thankful that Dr.M was there...I smiled on the way home and just continued to say thanks. I'm realizing that this road is not going to just be done anytime soon, but I do know that the Lord meets us throughout the road and I cannot say enough about what today meant for my heart.

We got home and I did some yard work while the kids played outside, it was a beautiful day!

We got Camryn's labs and they look great...and no med changes this week. Woohoo!

I was going to post about Easter, but Jason has the pictures on his laptop so that will have to wait...soon I promise!

And now I have a pile of the cutest clothes in the world staring at me to fold...cute because they belong to the best kids in the world. Kids that bring a smile to my face, just by being in my life...

Guess I best be getting to that folding...

But, for today hanging out with my kids was more than enough. Thank you Lord, thank you.

1 comment:

Diana said...

So glad that God provided Dr. M at the right place and right time to speak to you. Praying for daily strength for all of you.