Today has been one of those days when in a few hours things go from good to bad and you're not quite sure what happened?
Camryn had school this morning and that went great! Wyatt enjoyed reading books with Grandma & Papa, the books were new ones that Papa graciously shared his gift card to buy. When I got home all was well...
We then headed over to hang out with our friend T & E...we absolutely love time spent with them. As the kids played and played with E; T & I got to chat and it was wonderful! I cherish time spent with E too, she is coming to the age Camryn was when she got sick and truthfully I almost can't believe it. It will be a joy watching E grow and I love, love, love her mommy and daddy too!
As we headed home I called Jason to let him know we were on our way and that's when the good started moving to bad. Jason explained that we got a letter in the mail today denying Camryn's referral to UCLA. We had a bit of an insurance fiasco in the fall and we thought we had finally worked through it. We had to switch plans, groups, etc...and now we were denied. I almost just lost it.
Jason was on the phone for awhile and finally I joined him; guess there is just something about a mother and her little one. I cried explaining that my child had not one but two bone marrow transplants and that it was not an option for her to wait forty-five days for care.
Thankfully the representative was kind and he helped us figure out some options and we are going to pursue those tomorrow. If you could please pray that we get this resolved quickly and thoroughly in order for Camryn's care to not be interrupted. We are less than 300 days post-transplant so it really is not an option for Camryn to just wait this out.
So with a deep breath we venture in and try to figure out the best options and a way to care of our little girl. And did I mention that it is almost February? Guess I should just be ready for all of this huh?
Trusting that the Lord is a lot bigger than any insurance plan...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
dana, i am so sorry. :-( i will be praying that this gets resolved quickly. how awful for you to have to deal with insurance issues when there are so many bigger ones to worry about!!! urgh. i am so glad camryn has you to advocate for her. (((hugs)))
-erika
urthmama.com
I am sighing right along with you. I am so sorry. It is totally unfair that insurance puts us through such a rollercoaster, when it concerns the life of our children. What we go through is scary enough, without the added stress. In truth, it makes me sick.
We were just told that my son's specialized formula will no longer be covered by the insurance, because he is not tube fed. They do not care that he cannot metabolize any other form of protien and without protien he will die. All they care about is the $47 dollars a can, they would have to spend.
It should never be an option, to weigh the cost vs a childs life!
I will be praying that God opens the insurance companies heart for your daughter.
He IS alot bigger! He has a perfect insurance plan, afterall--healing! I am so proud of you and I so enjoy praying for your family. I cant imagine the struggles and even frustrations that you must feel from time to time. However, in the midst of it all, grace shines from you. I'm praying for today...knowing all will work out for your good and His will!!!
I am so sorry! I feel that dealing with insurance companies is a full time job. My girls had some medical problems last year and we had to fight the insurance companies tooth and nail to pay for things. We will definitely be praying that this is worked out quickly. You might want to get your doctors involved ASAP sometimes, they have more clout with the insurance company. Also, find out if your state insurance board can help out. They can help spell out what is legal for a company to do or not do.
I am fuming for you. Insurance really seems to be the necessary evil which is not how it should be. Our premiums go up and up and for what?!! I really hope that you get this sorted asap, you dont need this stress. Keely is so right about the cost v a child's life (and Keely I am so sorry for you too).
Post a Comment