Friday, January 29, 2010

quick update...

Yesterday was quite a day spent trying to navigate the insurance fiasco, crisis, mess; really pick any adjective. We made the call to our pediatrician who was furious about the denial and said that the group had changed management, etc. I spent time searching via the internet for potential primary care doctors if it comes down to the fact that we must change groups in order to stay where we are at UCLA.

When I got home from work there was a message from a Sr. Case Coordinator at our insurance company who is handling our appeal. I thought she would do the usual it will be 45 days and such; but you know what? She said that they would have an answer for our appeal TODAY! Guess that is pretty expedited! I gave her the further information she needed and she said she would be in touch...gave me some hope.

So that's where we are...waiting to see if the appeal is accepted or denied. If it's accepted all stays as it is with the big insurance company taking on Camryn's case; if it is denied we switch groups and go from there.

Thanks for the encouragement...the thoughts and prayers! I so appreciate them!!!

2 comments:

Diana said...

Praying for the best outcome possible!

Unknown said...

praying and hoping everything stays the same!!!