That is how Camryn spent the five minutes before 8:00am when her new teacher was to arrive. She gave me the play by play of her parking. "Mom she is just sitting in her car, is she coming in? Do you think she'll be a nice lady?"
At 8:00 there was a knock on the door and I opened it to a smiling face of Camryn's new teacher. Ms B introduced herself and Camryn was very stand-offish and timid; but after the hellos Ms B and Camryn started to become friends. Ms B is filling in for Ms F so Ms F had given her the progress report of Camryn and told her what their normal routine is. As they got started I moved on into Wyatt's room and listened a bit...
Within minutes they were chatting up a storm and when I left to head to work Camryn was all smiles. When I got home I asked her how school went and she said "great!" So it seems that once again we have been blessed by a wonderful person to interact with our little girl. We couldn't be more thankful!
And peering out the front window the world looks much brighter now for Camryn...
Tomorrow Camryn heads to clinic for her appointment, honestly it feels like we haven't been there in ages...it's been three weeks! After going pretty regularly throughout Camryn's cold and then the whole virus situation, it feels a bit surreal to actually get through the three weeks. We are very thankful.
Last night Jason and I were talking once the kids went to bed and honestly I could not be more blessed by the man I call my husband. His perspective, patience and positive attitudes are precious to me. As we talked we both agreed that Camryn is seemingly so much more herself...I feel like these three weeks have been some of our best since June. Camryn has lost a lot of her steroid weight and is looking much more like Camryn to us. Her attitudes are much more stable too...we are so thankful that the steroid wean is going well. We also talked about 2010 and how neither of us really knows how to approach a new year, but we are very hopeful that 2010 could be the start of a new era for our family of four.
But I think the greatest thing to come out of our talking was our conclusion that for a long time we always looked at life in terms of "when Camryn is better...then we'll do this and that" and now we are beginning to look at life as right now. Sure our world is a bit small, okay a lot small; but it is a world and this is life and we are going to head into 2010 embracing it.
There is no telling where the road will take us...but this is our life and we are striving to LIVE in this life to the fullest.
Yes, today was a little thing in the grand scheme of things for Camryn...sometimes those little things matter most.
And so...we'll live rejoicing in the little things and celebrating life as it comes for we know that each moment is a gift. Guess that's what we've learned peering out the front window...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
So grateful for Camryn's good day! Hoping for many more to follow.
So happy that school went well for Camryn! I was thinking of her. I think about you and Jason alot throughout my day. Your words always demonstrate a marriage that is strong and powerful. 2010 is a year that will not take God by suprise. He has it planned out to perfection. Praying that His blessings and renewed peace flow into your lives everyday!
Hi there....I haven't seen your blog for awhile and have not forgotten about you. I still pray for your sweet family and praise God for all the blessings that He has bestowed upon you. So glad to hear all is well and your sweet little girl is doing so good. May the Lord give you many, many more precious days to spend praising him.
Post a Comment