Yesterday Camryn had a fantastic clinic appointment...we were hopeful that it would be a good and be a good start to 2010. Jason and Camryn headed out bright and early. Quite honestly I wish I were able to go with them, I just miss being there with Camryn so much. I like to hear and see how she's doing. I enjoy seeing her interact with her life at UCLA, especially the people.
Nurse Charlotte was there yesterday and Camryn was thrilled. True to form Camryn got all her supplies ready for her blood draw and help Charlotte get her juice. Camryn also got to see Dr.M and Dr.A who were both super pleased with Camryn's process. In fact they are so pleased that they moved her clinic visits to once a month...we are thrilled! Going once a month means a lot for us and it indicates that we are at a point where Camryn is stablizing and doing well. Her steroids were also lowered to 1ml every other day for this week and then .5ml every other day until she goes to clinic again in February.
Can't you see why she smiles like this now?
Jason and I had a list of questions to ask at clinic...we were curious about the time frame for Camryn. Not that we are in a hurry...truly, we aren't in the slightest. We just wanted to have an idea of the possible things to come and when we might expect them. Jason asked about the Lovenox shots and it was decided that Camryn would have another ultrasound in a few months to check on the clot, but for now the shots continue. Next on the list was about Camryn's central line. We are approaching close to a year with the same line...pretty good huh? We are thankful as the first time around we weren't so line savvy as we are now. They said that they will begin to consider having Camryn's line removed as the appointments continue to go well and Camryn does not need as many lab draws. So for now we continue to care for Camryn's line and we are totally fine with that! We love Camryn's line for her sake, keeps her from having to get poked constantly! And lastly Jason asked about immunizations and school...we know that these are in the future sometime, but we just kind of liked to know where we are at. The doctors said that most likely in the summer they will do the extensive testing on Camryn's immune system and then determine if she is ready for her immunizations and then after that determine whether she is ready for school. So school might be a possibly in September, but we'll see. All of this obviously depends on how Camryn continues to do...but, for now she's doing great!
And this little guy loves this...
Wyatt is very excited that Camryn does not have to go to the doctor all the time and is home with him more often. He truly misses her when she is gone, but more than that he worries if she will be home. A very odd reality for a three-year-old. Wyatt has been adjusting nicely to Camryn being back in school, he plays with Grandma and Papa; enjoying the moments with them. I will say that Wyatt is exerting his personality more and more and yes at times I really think three is a tough year.
The other day Wyatt was walking hand in hand with my dad and he looks up and says, " I love you Papa." and my heart melted. Wyatt is a firecracker, full of opinions, a perfectionist and yet the sweetest little guy ever. I know I'm biased, but Wyatt makes me smile and I just enjoy him so. Like the other morning when Camryn had school and I was hanging out with Wyatt. I was getting ready to get him dressed and I put him on my lap and he just sat there cuddling with me. So for about ten minutes I sat cuddling my little Wyatt and I just savored it.
Wyatt is becoming more and more into games...it's fun. He is getting more interested in doing some other activities other than trains and cars. :) We don't mind his favorite activities at all, but it's fun to see him developing other interests too.
This is our little curly top...Camryn's hair is coming in well and yes, it is very curly. Jason and I keep laughing as her hair this time around is much more fly away and unruly...hopefully it will settle down at some point so she will not be bitter when she's a teenager with uncontrollable hair. :)
Camryn's labs came back great...yes, her levels are staying nice and strong. Really she is doing fabulously...we have much to be thankful for. She is full of energy, life and fun...





3 comments:
oh my goodness! such wonderful news!!! camryn is looking much more like her old self lately. she is always beautiful, of course! it's so nice to see both camryn and wyatt thriving. you guys deserve the very best. (((hugs)))
I love these pictures! They really capture your adorable children :) So happy they both are doing so well!
I love these pictures! I am so grateful for all of the wonderful progress. Many prayers for a wonderful 2010!
Post a Comment