Today I had a date with a really cute girl and it was one of the best dates ever! It was spontaneous...we just looked at each other and I said "You wanna go?" To which she said..."Yep!" And off we went.
But, before we could go she had to change out of her dress up dress and put on real clothes...a few minutes later she comes out of her room with a green Tinkerbell shirt, a green skirt. She was so proud, she did it, she chose her outfit and she was like a little teenage girl finding just the right thing. I gently told her it was pretty chilly so we should find a jacket and maybe some leggings? We found just the thing and put on her new Vans that she is really proud of and off we went.
As we were in the car driving we started chatting about her birthday and what she would like. Jason and I had planned on maybe buying her some new bedding as she has mentioned really wanting that. As we chatted we started talking about posters, curtains, blinds, rugs and I just smiled. My little date and me were in our own little world rocking out to Taylor Swift and talking about all things girly! It was priceless...
We arrive at our destination and go into her store first and oh my quite a shopper she is...checking out everything, looking for the deals and trying to find just the right thing. After that we hit two other stores. In the first one she told me I really should think about buying a different color sweater..."how about red, green or yellow?" or "you should really get this safari dress mom!" While I got her advice on which purse to buy...she gently instructed me, "that the square one can hold more stuff...and you know mom you like square purses better, almost all of them are square!" I was dying! My little fashionista for sure! We headed to our last stop and checked out some jeans for her Daddy...as she looked at them she commented, "but, they look like they are going to rip right here...Daddy needs good jeans Mom, not jeans that are already ripping!" HA!
As we walked out of the store she looked up at me and said, "Mom, wanna cookie?" Yep, this is a girl after my own heart...we got a cookie, picked up take out on our way home. And totally savored a Taylor Swift sing-a-long on the way home...yep, we might be the next American Idols. :)
Got to spend a date with the best girl in the world...
My Camryn Lee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
What a joy and what a blessing . . .
Love this story!!! Thanks for sharing.
LOVE IT!!!! Can't wait for beautiful days like this with my little girl! Miss you both!
Too sweet!
I'm sure the day meant just as much to Camryn if not more!! Glad you two had such a fun day together.
Post a Comment