Wednesday, December 2, 2009

rough patch...

So for the last few days we have hit a major rough patch at our house...

Camryn has not been doing all that well, her patch does not seem to help as it appeared to at first. Between Monday and today we have experienced moments when quite frankly I would just like to throw in the towel and forget. It has been rough.

She is still is experiencing nausea, vomiting and now add to the mix diarrhea...yep, it's a pretty picture at our house. So we called the doctors and made the trip to clinic today to get some IV fluids and labs. At clinic Camryn was much more herself, it was almost as if the IV fluid was perking her up...she was great with Berkley and Dr.A for which I am thankful. Her labs came back great so that was reassuring and her metabolic panel was a little off. Dr.A feels that Camryn is acidic and therefore her bicarbonate is low...so the IV fluid should help. He said that right now we are fighting a downward spiral in that feels acidic makes you feel bad and therefore you do not want to eat, and yet the thing that helps is eating. Dr.A feels strongly that we are dealing with a virus, probably the same virus that put Camryn in the hospital and now it is working itself out of her system (runny nose, cough, stomach and diarrhea). So that's where we are.

Dr.A ordered a home IV pump so that we can give Camryn IV fluids at home for the next few days in order to help her feel better and then hopeful as the virus runs it's course.

We would appreciate your prayers as we navigate this road, I won't lie it is absolutely maddening and we are tired. All of us...

Please pray for Camryn...that whatever is causing this will be done and she would feel better, that her strength would return and that she would be our happy girl, feeling better soon!

Please pray for Wyatt...he is sad to watch his big sis go through this, it bothers him so when Camryn is sick and has to go to the doctor.

Please pray for Jason and me...we are tired, pushed to our limit and just battling thoughts that we would soon like to forget. It is a harsh reality living here and right now we would ask for the Lord's peace and grace for each day.

Thank you for your love, support and prayers...we are so thankful.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through another blog and have been following your story for awhile now. Please know that you and your family are in our prayers daily!! Your faith in the Lord is truly inspiring and an example for all! I pray that you have peace in your lives and that Camryn can be over this hurdle.

Lost in Space said...

Holding you all close in thought and prayer. I'm so sorry, Dana.

Kara said...

still reading and still praying in san antonio.
-kara

Donna said...

Praying!

Shalady said...

Heavenly Father I lift this entire family up to You. Give Jason and Dana Your strength to endure this road they are traveling. You promise us enough for each day - this day Lord I pray for a double blessing of strength, hope and patience. Give them Your understanding. Give them rest dear Lord - heartache rest, mental rest and peace for their souls. May they feel You each day holding them and walking with them as parents, as a couple and as Your children.
I pray for sweet Camryn Lord - she has endured more than most of us will in a lifetime. Touch her body with healing from this virus. Touch her body with healing from this disease that she is so bravely fighting against. We thank You for the strength You have given her, her spunky spirit and her love for those around her.
I also ask Your special touch of understanding for little Wyatt. He is so in love and protective of his big sister, his best friend. His young mind can't comprehend much of his, but I thank You for the bond between the two of them as well as his encouragement and strength he give to those around him.
I thank You for the amazing doctors and nurses that You have brought to this family. The heartfelt compassion and love for this entire family is such a blessing! Continue to give them the knowledge they need to beat this cancer once and forall.
Most of all we praise Your Name for all that You have done and continue to do for this family. Thank You for Your promises that we cling to. Thank You for your presence that is felt and is evident is so many ways. And thank You dear Jesus, for Your sacrifice that makes this life worth living, this battle worth fighting. May Your love be felt in us, around us and be evident though us. Amen and Amen!

rameelin said...

The tone in your post is breaking my heart today. I am praying for you and Jason so so much and definately for your little ones. God is so very present. His reassurance comes in the forms of the simplest things. Today I pray you would see and feel it somehow. We're thinking of you guys often.
♥

Anonymous said...

Praying many times daily....

Tiffany Lockette said...

Praying for you guys.

Maryellen said...

I can't even imagine how tired and weary both physically and mentally you both are. Keeping you lifted to the Lord in prayer. Sweet little Camryn is such a trooper.
She is so courageous, she inspires. Lord please pour your favor and comfort and healing on this dear one and her family. Be the lifter of their heads.

Anonymous said...

Praying.