Throughout this past week He has met us in ways that seem so unexplainable and yet so needed. I received amazing emails from friends and family...and I cherish them. Emails that caused me to consider the amazing work of my Savior...realizing that in my limited vision things this past week seemed so out of whack. And quite frankly they were, but so was I.
The Lord and I had some deep conversations...I fell asleep a few nights crying...Woke up throughout the night to pray and beg Him for understanding. At the beginning of the week I was angry, I won't lie. All of this struggle seemed so unfair to me. Why was Camryn having to walk down these roads again? Why were we having to make numerous trips to clinic? And have our doctors number on redial?
Life seemed to be spinning out of control and I did not like it one bit. We were at our wits end and it seemed that Jason and I were beginning to really fray, our edges were getting rough...grace did not seem to flow. When you've had the rug pulled out from beneath you, you find yourself doubting if any foundation is sure. The Lord kept relentlessly pursuing me...He kept making Himself known and looking back the tears fall realizing that throughout a week when I did not quite know what to think, He was here. Always...
And looking back I can see that Satan was too...he caused me to fear, to doubt, to second guess everything I know to be true. To cause me to wonder if the Lord really did care...did He?
As I sat and really thought through some things I got a message from my dear friend who challenged me to not fear but hold true to the promise that God did not give us a spirit of fear...but of power! The Lord was not to be found in my fears...He would restore, He always does.
Then today I received the most amazing email from a former student...to say I am speechless would be an understatement, his words of his walk with Christ and the role Camryn's illness has played leaves me to say...
HE meets us. HE always meets us.
As Christmas approaches and the wonder of the holiday is upon us...as I hear songs claiming "it's the most wonderful time of the year" I wonder if the world really knows why it is. He met us...
He came not in the pomp and circumstance most thought appropriate for a king. He came in a humble manger...in the filth and dirt of the earth, to a young insignificant girl and boy...He met us.
Immanuel, God with us...
And He is with us still. Through a horrible week, to a glorious night, through the tears, to the smiles...
May He meet you...as He is meeting us still.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
What a beautiful post :o)
I hope this week is easier for you all.
Katie :o)
This post and your words encouraged me today. So many lose sight of the meaning behind that little babe that was born to a normal boy and girl. He came and restored this world. He still is. He is restoring Camryn; He is restoring you. I'm praying for you always. I plead with God on your behalf more than I could explain because my heart is heavy for you as a mother to this precious child.
Humble and King. God with us.
And He is.♥
Post a Comment