Last night Jason and I had talked about maybe heading up to Ventura and hanging out at the beach for a bit, then I checked on my nephew's basketball schedule and saw that his team had a game today, then my friend E sent me a message letting me know where we could go see Santa without the rush of crowds and it was outdoors, doubly great! So those three things were options today...I really didn't think that we would do them all, but Jason said let's try it! So...
To start with Daddy made us waffles this morning which was quite a treat! The kids and I thoroughly enjoyed them...Yummy! Then we told the kids about heading to the beach and they were overjoyed! So excited! We packed up the car and headed out. Camryn and Wyatt absolutely LOVE Ventura, the sand, the rocks, the swings, all of it...so it was their little piece of heaven today. It was a gorgeous day at the beach, beautiful...
As we were walking to the car I looked at Jason and said, "That was quite possibly the best day we've ever spent at the beach." To which he nodded, "Yes, and what a great way to start vacation." And you know I couldn't agree more...
But, the day was not over...
We loaded up in the car and drove down the 101 to Cal Luthern University to see my nephew's basketball team play. We got there during the second half which was perfect, I don't think Camryn and Wyatt are up for a complete game. Camryn loved it...she was very into the game, asking all sorts of questions about the teams and cheering very loudly..."Go Joshy's team!" Yes, she loves her cousin Joshy very much...and was quite proud of him coaching! :) Wyatt enjoyed the game, but was a little antsy...yep, he is a player not a spectator. After the game was over Camryn and Wyatt took a walk with their Joshy to see all the trophies and such...yep, it makes my heart smile seeing them love their cousins so much. But as one of Josh's players said, "it's pretty hard not to love Josh." Indeed it is.
We said our good-byes and see you soons and headed home. What fun we had! So thankful for such a fun day, but it wasn't over yet...
We got home, changed our clothes and waited for my mom and dad to pick us up to head to Pasadena to see Santa and the pretty decorations. We had a wonderful time...thank you E for the tip, it was absolutely perfect! We walked and saw Santa, the pretty tree, A Christmas Carol playing on the building...a beautiful evening, guess some wintery weather would have made it perfect, but for So Cal it was pretty near perfect!
We had a wonderful day as a family...truly perfect. It was a wonderful start to our vacation and quite possibly the best day we have had together in a long time. Today felt like *real* life...did not feel like leukemia, cancer life, but our life...
And our life today was just a blessing...





5 comments:
yea!!!! what an awesome day!!! i love the picture of you and camryn on the beach. such a sweet picture. i love the santa pictures, too!
i realized earlier this evening that i didn't tell you where santa was or where to park! i am glad you found him okay - and glad that it worked out! i had dinner with devon tonight and she told me you guys *might* be going, so of course i had to come home and check your blog for updates. :-)
what an awesome day, and the start to a good christmas vacation together. (((hugs))) praying for continued strength for your family and many good days ahead. (((hugs)))
Awesome! I grew up in Ventura! I love it, and miss it every day. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time! cute pictures!
Great pictures! The beach looked amazing!
What a perfect family day! So glad that you had it!!
Katie :o)
P.S. I thought of you today. I got a photo of the little IVF girl born to my cousin who had Leukemia and the relapse like Camryn. He is truly blessed, I am sure he still pinches himself every time he looks at his beautiful little girl :o)
Sounds like a beautiful day for your precious family :) The pictures are all so great :)! Have a wonderful Christmas! Hugs to you all :)
Post a Comment