Wednesday, September 9, 2009

first day of school...sweet times

A little girl dressed in her lavender shirt, flower print skirt and pretty lavender sandals eagerly waited on the front porch for her teacher...as her teacher approached her teacher said, "Are you my student?" to which she said, "Yes, are you my teacher?"...and thus the journey of Kindergarten began today for Camryn.

Ms.F came in and introduced herself to Camryn and the excitement continued...Ms.F was very sweet and Camryn took a liking to her immediately. As I was filling out the proper LAUSD paperwork Camryn was working on puzzles that Ms.F brought for her to work on. After the paperwork was done Camryn and Ms.F continued through the rest of the time working together...I was in the other room, but I could hear their conversation and it was sweet.

Camryn was certainly relishing it all...they made a little book and Ms.F worked on feeling out what Camryn knew and where they would be starting from. Ms.F was impressed with Camryn...which was nice to hear.

Tonight Camryn had some homework to do...writing some letters and such. What fun it was to see her today fully enjoying every second of life...to complete savor it and just love it all.

Tomorrow Ms.F will come again and from there will know our schedule for next week. We are very pleased with the program and the willingness to work with us and Camryn. Yes, this isn't what we planned for Camryn, but it was evident today that the Lord's been in this all along. We along with others have been praying for Camryn's teacher, that the Lord would bring the right person to heal a bit of the brokenness Camryn feels. And today...

I really believe a bit of healing took place for Camryn and we are so thankful.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Am all choked up reading your post because I know how this has been weighing you down and I am so glad Camryn's first day was such a good one.
Katie :o)

Ali said...

:) Love you guys!!!

Wilson Family said...

pictures?!

Tiffany Lockette said...

I am so glad her first day went so well and she is so excited. Hang in there. You've got all of us pulling for you guys and praying always for you.

Diana said...

I, too, had tears reading this. I am so glad that everything turned out so well. I will be praying that things continue to go well. Also, I am praying that Camryn's rash will come under control. Your family is in my constant prayers.