Friday, September 11, 2009

day +99...

Yesterday I wrote a post and sadly for me it didn't save and it didn't publish...so I have a few quick minutes and I will update as best I can.

Camryn had her second day of school yesterday and again she had nothing but great things to say. She is enjoying Ms.F coming to our home and working with her...I can hear them chatting and it is just so sweet for Camryn to have another contact in her isolated world. They spent time coloring, working on letters, talking about our family...oh, it's so fun for Camryn to have *her* thing. Something that has nothing to do with doctors, nurses or hospitals...because that has seemed to be *her* thing for so long.

Later in the afternoon Jason and I took Camryn to clinic to have Dr.A take a look at her rash...it has spread a little and it has become much more red so not wanting to take any chances and pretty much because Dr.A wanted to see it with his own eyes we headed to UCLA. As much as I hate fighting traffic on our early morning visits I would take that any day from the afternoon traffic...yuck! But, we got there and that's all that matters.

A fun little tidbit...when we got there I went to use the restroom and a darling lady came out of the stall and we made eye contact and smiled, didn't really think much of it. As I came out of the restroom I heard someone say my name, I turned around and it was the same darling lady. She introduced herself and wouldn't you know she is a friend of my sis-in-law and a fellow friend from the blog world. Small world isn't it. B, it was very nice to officially meet you...thank you for sharing your journey with me and thank you for your selflessness of giving.

We headed to Module 2 and met our usual friends...Berkley took a look at the rash and determined that it has gotten worse since the last time she saw it. So we chatted a bit and waited for Dr.A. Dr. A arrived and took a look at the rash thoroughly and determined that it was a GVH rash and that it was borderline on where they want it to be...meaning that we need to up her meds just a bit to keep it under control. I won't lie it's a bit nerve-racking as much of what we've heard about GVH is that it can get pretty intense pretty fast, but we completely trust Camryn's team of doctors and we know that they are doing everything they can in Camryn's case. Camryn's case is a bit of a delicate one in that she is a relapse after transplant patient...so they are taking every precaution and measure to do their best to treat Camryn so that a relapse never happens again. Yes, it's a crazy thin line...but, one that pretty much is inevitable.

Today is Day +99 so she's almost there her first real big milestone post-transplant...back in June when Camryn came home she was at Day+25...75 days have past and day by day she is getting there. It's never a race in this world of leukemia, transplants and such...but, little by little she's getting there...

100

2 comments:

Lost in Space said...

Praying that the med adjustment keeps Camryn's rash under control. Her teacher sounds like a real blessing and a great spirit booster!

So glad we were able to "meet". (-;

Claire said...

+99...what a great number!

Cxx