Friday, February 18, 2011

sometimes...

Sometimes I would love to just press pause, to completely capture and savor the moments.

Like today...

* Camryn was so excited to show me her report card...the smile on her face was priceless and she was so proud.

* Or when Wyatt and Camryn were painted and chatting...I wish I could record their conversation about what colors are made if you mix colors and so forth.

* Or the look in Wyatt's eye when he asked if he could eat the rest of the cupcake he had already taken a bite out of.

* Or how proudly they showed off the pictures they painted of each of them with their dogs...Camryn & Sydney and Wyatt & Sam.

* Or how I hear their little voices announce that "Mommy's home!" as I get out of the car and head to the door.

* Or how Camryn comes and sits by me just to tell me that she loves me.

* Or when Wyatt hits his head messing around and he just needs a hug from his mommy.

* Or the questions about going to Village and wearing their Wreckin' Cru shirts.

* Or listening to their little voices sing "Zacchaeus was a wee little man...".

Yes, all of that in one afternoon...and sometimes I wish these moments would last forever. Or maybe it is that I wish I could take more notice of them...

Sometimes I get so rushed with life that I miss the moments...and really, truly I hate that. But, today...

Today I am cherishing the moments, because in the moments the rest of the issues seem to fade and I see two little hearts that I adore...

And sometimes, most of the time that is quite simply enough.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those are some sweet things to read about. Thank you for sharing. I know how you feel about pausing moments, they are truly cherished.