Today was an extra-special treat, I got to spend the day with Wyatt. Camryn went to our dear friend C's house for some craft/play time so it was a day with Wyatt.
After we dropped Camryn off Jason and I took Wyatt to the park for a bit...it was a treasure. As we watched Wyatt so tentatively climb the equipment we both smiled as he was navigating life without his big sister. Time passed and slowly but surely Wyatt jumped right in and by the time to go he was doing all sorts of things on his own and quite proud of himself.
As Jason and Wyatt were playing I sat and just watched, imagining for a second what our lives would be without our little guy. How differently would it look? But, most of all the enormity of the gift wrapped in Wyatt...yep, I could not keep the tears from welling up. As Wyatt smiled, giggled, ran I caught myself over and over again thanking the Lord for this amazing gift...a gift that I could never say enough "thank you's" for.
We grabbed some lunch and headed home...it was a bit weird to just have Wyatt with us, but it was very special to be able to just be with him. After lunch Jason headed out to go golfing and Wyatt and I ran some errands. It was such fun! We chatted...laughed...and I cherished ever single second of it! Over and over again Wyatt would say, "Mom"..."yes, Wy"..."I love you."
I wonder sometimes what Wyatt's life would look like had his big sister never gotten sick. Wyatt has a very small life, he really doesn't have too many friends, he is very shy and timid around new people...he like Camryn has not had a normal childhood. And at times I just wonder...
Amongst the wondering is also my undeniable blessing.
Wyatt honestly fills a spot in my heart reserved for him. He completes a piece of my walk with my Lord unlike anyone else...he is my own personal megaphone from the Lord screaming at my heart, "I am never finished writing your story...I am way ahead of you...I love you."
Over and over while pregnant with Wyatt I wondered about this baby, I prayed that the Lord would allow me time to be their mommy and the grace needed to love this little one while their big sister was sick. It is a precarious balance loving a sick child and a healthy one...I begged the Lord to allow me to know that He was a part of this little one's life and that He would carry this little one and me through.
And He has...
Wyatt and I share a bond that runs deep and on days like today I just stop and am in awe that my Lord wrote a love letter to me in the life of my little boy.
I love my Wyatt with my whole heart and many times it's as if his little life gets lost in the shuffle of his big sister. And at times I hate that, I really do...
But, the Lord gently reminds me that Wyatt's life is His to write and He has big plans for Wy...after all Wyatt already has saved his sister's life.
And everyday Wyatt reminds me of my Savior's love...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
beautiful post....he is quite the special boy!
oh, and riley told me tonight that wyatt was going to be prince erik and she was going to be ariel. ha!
You are simply amazing! I know that God has great plans for each one of you! Love you all!
Post a Comment