Sunday, October 11, 2009

weekend update...

The weekend has come and will be gone in a few hours...aw, how I wish it could last a bit longer as this has been a very nice weekend.

To start with on Friday when I got home from work I took the kids shopping for a bit to look for Camryn some clothes. One of the side effects of steroids that I really dislike is weight gain...if you know Camryn well, you know that she has always been a little stick of a girl. Never too much meat on her bones. Well, that's not the case now. Earlier in the week I had put on a long sleeve shirt as the fall weather is beginning and I just felt horrible for Camryn; the shirt barely fit. I know clothes aren't everything, but when you are a little girl who has lost her hair and now you have gained close to ten pounds...well, feeling comfortable matters a lot. Jason and I talked and we decided to get her a few things to wear now and then once she loses the steroid weight we can just hang on to them for later.

Shopping was fun, I let Camryn pick out a few shirts and then I found a couple of cute things for specific occasions coming up. For the first time in a long time I didn't feel like a cancer mom with Camryn...we were a daughter and mom shopping for clothes. We smiled, laughed and I watched as my eyes were drawn to different things, but she liked others. Oh, I could see that the days of me soley dressing Camryn were limited...she loves bright colors and patterns, I love basic colors and solids. Our time together was one of hte most fun moments we have had in a long time, doing something so normal it almost felt *normal*.

Saturday morning we headed to the pumpkin patch to meet up with my sister's family. This is a family tradition from the time my oldest nephew was a little guy and well, he is 23 now. What a fun time we had...we missed my mom though as she has been really sick. Nothing says fall like the pumpkin patch...

YUMMY!


YUMMY TOO!


I love this picture...


Trying to pick out the perfect one.


Oh this face...what a story it tells.


"I just can't pick one!"


Wyatt's choice.


Oh little man...


We had a wonderful time...what a blessed time we had with family. Laughing, chatting and just being together; it was a wonderful time!

We came home and the kids just crashed, they were tired. After Camryn woke up we did a little craft making pumpkins out of brown lunch bags...oh yeah, I can get crafty! :) Lots of fun!

Today we headed out to our niece Riley's birthday party. We had to go early and leave before the rest of the guests arrived to keep Camryn away from the germs and such. Camryn absolutely LOVES parties, seriously this girl has some serious party planning in her future. She had a great time playing with Riley, seeing Auntie DeDe and Uncle Robby...she enjoyed being out for a bit and it was fun. Wyatt and Riley are the cutest together...only five weeks apart they are the best of friends. Wyatt has been looking forward to Riley's birthday for weeks...so he enjoyed the bounce house and just being with Riley.

Wy & Ry


Camryn loves Riley!


Oh these two...


Wy...Ry...Cam


Best of Cousins, Best of Friends


Trying to give the birthday girl kisses...


A very blessed weekend...a very grateful family of four...thankful for the bright moments throughout the journey.

Holding the moments so dear.

3 comments:

Colbert Family said...

Those steroids are so yucky! Abbey to is on them right now and I always can't wait to be done with them! She too gained 10 lbs on her tiny body the first month she was on them. They are such a powerful drug with so many side effects and I always have to remind myself of all the "good" that they are doing too. Camryn looks beautiful!! That's so awesome that she is smiling and happy while on them. When Abbey has been on high doses of them in the past, she would get so miserable and smiles were hard to come by. So happy to see Camryn having fun at a pumpkin patch and spending fun times with family! Hang in there! You guys are doing an amazing job! Praying for you all!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what fun! Your children are absolutely precious! Still praying for Camryn's complete healing.

Diana said...

Sounds like you guys are getting to break free from some of the complete isolation. I am sure that it is so refreshing. Praying for continued strength in this journey. Your trust in the Lord continues to encourage me.