"prayer changes things..."
Thank you to those who have been praying for Camryn, especially today. Camryn woke up bright and early today in great spirits to head down to clinic. I know she hates going, but as with almost everything in life Camryn makes the best of it. Jason and Camryn headed out early and in my heart I just prayed that the Lord would lavish His love on her today...
Lately I have been pondering His great love for us over and over...the realities of how deep His love is...how incredibly unexplainable love in the truest form is...how His love is perfect...how He is love.
And today I could not help but feel that it was His great love for Camryn that would carry her through...
Clinic went well...Camryn got to see Nurse Charlotte and from what I hear she was Nurse Charlotte's little shadow helping her gather the supplies and just being with her. I cannot tell you enough how blessed our lives are because of Nurse Charlotte and her love for Camryn. Nurse Charlotte has turned many a dark cloudy day into sunshine for Camryn. After labs Camryn saw Dr.K and Dr.A...who both agreed that Camryn looks good and that her rash is getting so much better. In light of that the steroids were lowered...woohoo! At this point it will be a slow wean, but a wean nonetheless and we'll take it! Otherwise Camryn is looking great and just doing what they expect and want.
Jason talked to the doctors about the issue of coming once a week to clinic with both of us back at work. Camryn's doctors are amazing and agreed to put her clinic visits every other week with a home health lab draw on the off week. Only two trips a month, we are so thankful. At the rate we were going to clinic we would have run out of time off within a couple months, thankfully now it'll be a bit better. Of course we'll do whatever is necessary for Camryn, but to have a bit of a break is wonderful. The condition of every other week is for us to call as soon as we see something, anything change; which as Dr.A said is what you guys do anyway. Yep, we are hypersensitive parents on our second transplant...no need to worry that we'll wait.
After clinic Jason and Camryn headed up to the echo lab for a check on her blood clot. Camryn did wonderful through the echo and followed instructions so well, in fact she got two pencils and some stickers to prove it. :) The tech said that she didn't see the clot by Camryn's line, but that the echo would have to be read by the cardiologists for official results. We have to wait until Thursday, but for now I'm praising the Lord that the clot was smaller and maybe even gone! Just to know that the Lovenox is working is enough...and maybe, just maybe the clot could be gone! That would be just the greatest! Trying not to get my hopes up, but honestly to hear that news today made my heart smile!
His LOVE...
I know that not everything works the way we want it to...we can pray and pray and the outcome may not be what we wanted. We have walked the road of relapse, so no need to remind me that sometimes the plans just are not what you want...
But, His love never ceases to amaze me...
In the midst of all that is, in the midst of the realities of today and the waiting for the news He kept reminding me over and over...
Oh how I love you...
Later this afternoon I got the email with Camryn's labs...and they are fantastic! She's doing so well...so, so thankful! We know there is a long journey ahead, but to hear the good news throughout is encouraging.
And the best news of all...oh how he loves us...
And because music speaks to my heart...
He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realise just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.
And oh, how He loves us so,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all
He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.
Yeah, He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.
And we are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If his grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.
And heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about, the way…
He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.
Yeah, He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.
~ David Crowder Band
Let those words just sink in your heart...
He loves us...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
So glad to hear that Camryn's clinic visit went so well and she continues to head in the direction of complete healing :o)
I meant to post on the weekend post, I couldnt find the right words - she is still your beautiful daughter of course but my heart ached for what she is having to go through with the steroids. I really hope that the wean can continue until she can be off them for good - one more thing to mark off the list.
As always you continue to inspire.
Katie :o)
You all were in my thoughts today remembering it was clinic day. What great news to hear about Camryn's clot (or hopefully no clot) and her great labs. So many blessings.
I'm so glad the labs went well. I've been praying.
Cxx
I am so happy for you, Camryn & your family. I continue to pray. I am so happy she had a wonderful day at clinic. She will overcome!
Next time you see Dr. Alan please give him a hug from me. He is a wonderful person, he took such loving care of my Evelyn. Thinking of you always.
Best,
Bobbie
Post a Comment