For as much as this journey is long and there are days when pretty much all you want to do is throw in the towel...there are days that are simply priceless. Yesterday was one of those.
Camryn and I went to a baby shower for Auntie DeDe and Sweet Peighton...Camryn has been anticipating this event for weeks. She has the invitation on the fridge and knew that it was on the 18th. She was very excited! When we went shopping last week we picked out a special outfit just for the shower, and I must admit that Camryn looked awfully cute.
To say that Camryn enjoyed herself would be a gross understatement, she thoroughly LOVED every second of the day. She got to play with Riley and see her family and friends (adult friends). She played the shower games, helped DeDe open presents, and just loved being there. I must admit that I found myself smiling quite a lot yesterday, smiling at my little girl. Who loves life...she loves it! She savors every second and thoroughly, completely treasures the life she has.
Sometimes I feel guilty for not living my life to the fullest in light of the way my little girl lives. I find that I think of life in terms of "when we get down with isolation, then...". And really, there is a full life in front of us right now. Granted it is not the life either of us wanted nor planned; but it is a full life.
Priceless...
_____________________________
In other news Wyatt had a low grade fever and quite a cough so I got him in to see Dr.K today and he has an ear infection, lovely! Now Wyatt is on some antibiotics and we are being careful with him and Camryn. We did call Camryn's doctors and they said just keep an eye on her and that they would see us next Tuesday. I thought for sure they would want to see her this week, but thankfully if Camryn keeps doing what she is doing then we'll go to clinic next week. Her doctors also decided to lower her steroids a wee bit...but, we'll take any lowering only 6mls a day instead of 7.
We are thankful for our children who daily fill our lives with much joy...yes, this is not the parenthood journey Jason and I expected, but we wouldn't trade our children for anything. So, if this is the journey...
We'll take it, the highs and the lows...after all every moment spent with Camryn and Wyatt is absolutely priceless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Camryn was SO BEAUTIFUL at the shower, and SO FULL OF LIFE! She was seriously radiant. I couldn't believe how much she is growing, inspite of everything. She is so smart, and was playing the shower games with the adults...and keeping up! Her laugh and her smile are so contagious. I am glad that she got to be there- I know Devon and Riley especially loved having her by their sides. She and Riley are like two peas in a pod...so precious!
Hope Wyatt feels better soon and that his illness does not impact Camryn in any way. Praying...
does she ever live life to the fullest! for as much as she's been through, you would NEVER know. she's amazing...a special, special girl for sure!
thanks for making the day special!
More than ever this year I have been taught that you have to appreciate the now. I think it is easier for kids to do that - they live in the now moment way easier than we do!
I hope Wyatt feels better soon and Camryn stays good and the slow weaning of the steroids goes smoothly.
Katie :o)
Glad to hear you are getting to live life a little fuller these days. Praying that you get to see more and more days like yesterday. Praying that Camryn doesn't catch Wyatt's infection.
What a beautiful post showing Camryn's amazing courageous spirit.
So glad you all were able to get out and celebrate sweet baby Peighton with Dev. Sounds like a wonderful day!
Post a Comment