Today marks four months since Camryn's bone marrow transplant...four months, can you believe it?!
Camryn will head to clinic on Tuesday for a visit with her friends, but especially for a lab draw to check her cyclosporin level. If her cyclosporin levels is within the range that the doctors want then most likely the doctors will discontinue Camryn's steroids. I cannot tell you how hopeful we are that there might be an end in sight for the steroids. One less med. would be great...especially when it is the big dose med.
Four months after transplant Camryn is thriving in school...her teacher Miss F brags on how well Camryn is doing. How well she picks up on things, does her homework and learns. Jason and I are thoroughly enjoying watching Camryn succeed with her school work. I think it gives Camryn a real sense of accomplishment in being able to do something on her own without mine or Jason's help. And the nightly homework? Well, I wouldn't trade those moments for anything...because at one time I wasn't entirely sure we'd get them. So, it's a treat watching Camryn develop and learn...and really begin to become her own little person.
Four months after donating Wyatt is thriving with life...he is quite possibly the cutest 3 year old boy ever. I know I'm biased, but I just love this little one. Wyatt has quite a personality and really he is a negotiator extraordinaire...he loves to strike a deal, he loves to figure out how he can get his way no matter what. Wyatt still loves playing trains and plays them all the time...both he and Camryn have become quite good at designing and assembling the track, which is fun for them.
Four months after one of the hardest days of our lives...Jason and I are doing alright. We don't miss hospital life and being a divided family in the least. We are both continually getting adjusted to our working world and trying to balance that with our *real* world.
All in all four months after transplant our family is doing the best that can be expected. The journey is long...never fast, never quick...but, there is an end somewhere down the road and with each passing day we are closer...
We'll get there one step at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Congratulations on four months! It sure has been a hard four months for your family, but look where you guys are now! We will pray for many, many more months of health for your entire family. May God bless you as you walk this journey.
I have a question to ask of you. Do you have any advice for dealing life in the hospital with kids. Both of my daughters are going to be having major surgery in the next several months, which will include some hospital stays (obviously not as long as with a transplant). I figure you might have some helpful advice, IF you have time.
Glad to hear Cam is doing well! Praying for good levels on Tuesday. We miss you guys!!!
Your family is doing an amazing job! Hang in there! So happy to hear Camryn is doing so well with school :) Praying that she can stop the steroids!! Those always have the most yucky side effects for our Abbey! Four months will be 8 months and then a year and then someday we will both look at our amazing daughters who have turned into amazing women for God :) I just know it! Hugs and love from us!!
As much as I wish you didn't have to know these milestones, it is wonderful to see how far Camryn has come in the last 4 months. She is one amazing little girl.
Hugs, Dana. One step at a time is just right.
Dana, I read you last post "october" and wanted to reach through my computer and give you a hug. Read this last post and so glad to hear that Camryn continues to go in the right direction and I know how happy it makes you to see her doing so well with her school work and enjoying it so much.
I hope you can find your comfortable balance soon. I think we all struggle with that aspect as mothers to young children. I am always saying I wish I had an extra 12 hours a day (and 12 hrs of extra energy!!) so that I could fit in all the fun stuff too!
Katie :o)
Post a Comment