Today we picked up Camryn's desk, she was so excited! We put the desk together and she truly was just thrilled with all of it...we talked about getting some school supplies and getting some desk accessories. Oh what a true girl she is, she loves all that fun! Loves figuring out what she would like on her desk, pictures, knick knacks, all of it!
Later this evening we went to the park to have dinner...what a lovely evening. We had lots of fun going on adventures, playing tag, taking walks and just being together. Camryn and Wyatt both LOVE being outside and just taking in the nice summer evening. As we sat and watched some people play on the playground Camryn asked when she is able to play again, when is she able to have her friends again, when is school starting at the Big Village.
I will admit that Jason and I both have avoided completely talking with Camryn about what is to come about school. I think this was one of those topics that we both had to swallow hard before we even began to think about how best to talk with Camryn. We have been praying about it...that the Lord would guide us and help all of us through this transition. Well, the moment came tonight. As we were sitting on a bench talking she asked about when school starts at Village. Jason and I took deep breaths and talked with her. We told her that right now she will not be going to Village for kindergarten, that because her body is not strong enough yet to be around people that she was going to do school differently. We explained that she would have a teacher that would come to our house and teach her...that she would have to do school like that until she was able to be at Village. And once she could go to Village with Mommy she will...
There were no tears, but a very sad little girl...she didn't say much at all. But she got very quiet and just laid her head on my lap...I told her I loved her so and that I was so sorry.
As Camryn walked away to go check out what Wyatt was doing, Jason said, "I feel so bad for her...everything she wants to do she can't. All she wants to do is be 5 and live..."
And it's true...Camryn gets it and yet doesn't. She is sad, but she will be alright. We will do our very best to make school a very special experience for her whether she goes to her teacher or her teacher comes to her. We know that this is no way what we wanted for her and I won't lie it's hard.
So we are praying about Camryn's teacher, we have yet to meet them; but we are hoping that the Lord guides just the right teacher to us...to make this wonderful for Camryn. To make her first year of school as memorable as ever.
But for now, we'll cherish the memories made today...
Our Big Girl's desk...not such a baby girl's room anymore.





3 comments:
Camryn has such a sweet and strong spirit. She is a beautiful girl- and it shows through in her quiet strength. I feel so badly for her- after everything she has endured, she should get to enjoy simple things like the start of school. :-( Praying that God sends you the perfect teacher for Camryn. I love the pictures of you guys- and the picture of her room! Annika would be SO thrilled with such a princess-filled room! :-)
As I get ready to send Hannah to 1st grade reading this post really hit a nerve. I am sad for you all, that life can't be as it should be but I hope that her teacher is wonderful and gives her the best start to education and she carries fond memories forever.
Love the photos - especially the one of Camryn and Wyatt together on the rock.
Katie :o)
I will certainly miss not having Camryn in my class but I know God will send her a wonderful teacher. I am not kidding about making some plans to be in Spring Sing:) I am just so incredibly thankful that she WILL be healthy enough to have school at home:)
And if you need extra crafts to do just let me know!!!! I always trace more than enough.
Love,
Cathy
Post a Comment