Today was the first of many days spent walking through an open door...
As I was sitting in teacher orientation this morning, feeling very much like a fish out of water I was was challenged to walk through the open door. In February I walked out of a door and I never really returned...until today. One of the perks of teaching at a Christian school is the awesome worship time we had to set the tone for the day...followed by a word of encouragement from Pastor Jack Hayford. I must say that I found what he shared to be so encouraging for my heart...
He focused on Revelation 3 and 4 and the images of the open door found there...and he talked about the open door ahead of us of a new school year, and that the Lord could be knocking on our hearts to do business with him, and that the strength to go through the door with Him. I kept thinking about the open door...
You see our lives were becoming a thing of normalcy all be it a new one and the bottom fell out and now there is a new open door...
And it is an uneasy feeling walking through it.
Starting a new school year always seems to bring a fresh start for me...new students, a new year, a new beginning, a new chance. This year is that and so much more for my entire family.
Jason starts school next week.
Camryn starts kindergarten in the next couple weeks.
Wyatt turns three.
Yes, we are all starting to see our new normal life take shape again...and it is hard to know how best to handle it. We know that the Lord has placed before us another opportunity to live a normal life...I guess you could say the last couple months have been far from normal. Now it feels that our normal life is starting to take shape...
And I am nervous.
Because through open doors lay new challenges, new adventures and new realities...and sometimes that it's a lot. But, we've been here before. We have stood on the edge of the door to normalcy and walked through and soaked it all in, relished it and thoroughly enjoyed it...until it fell apart.
So I guess walking through it again is taking a bit more out of us...to really trust. To really believe. To really hope.
Again...
That this is the open door HE has called us to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment