Tuesday, August 11, 2009

day +68...good, great, grand

Tuesdays...faithful blog followers know that around here that means clinic appointments for Camryn. Well, today was no different...

Camryn and I headed out early so that we can get to clinic and get through as quickly as possible...well today wasn't exactly quick. We got to clinic and things went well getting labs drawn and vitals taken. Camryn and I read, colored and just passed the time as we waited to see the doctors. I have to admit I was getting a bit impatient as I really don't like to wait. Jason texted me and I told him both me and Camryn were getting antsy...and within seconds he replied with a video message of Wyatt singing us a song, it was hilarious! Camryn and I smiled, shared a laugh and waited some more. Dr.K came by and said hi, I won't lie I miss seeing her as often...she said Camryn looked fantastic and she's heard great things. She said she has a gut feeling this time that this is it...this one worked! I sure hope so! Guess it shouldn't surprise me that in the midst of waiting the fire alarm goes off and the entire medical building has to be evacuated...crazy! So we made our way outside and true to Camryn form she was worried about everyone else...Nurse Charlotte, the kids getting medicines in their IVs, Dr. M. It was a good thing once we got outside that Nurse Charlotte found us and we chatted while we waited, put Camryn at ease.

Once back in the building we waited some more, but not too long...Dr.K came in and we chatted a bit about the odds and ends, then Dr.M came in. Dr.M and Camryn went through their usual routine of craziness, man does she love him! Dr.M said that he would see us at our next appointment in two weeks and then from there we would be seen once a month. "We don't need to see you as much and you don't need to see us." I was thrilled...baby steps.

We said our good-byes and headed over to say good-bye to Nurse Charlotte...we got Camryn's labs and they look....FABULOUS!!!

White count - 2.91
Hemoblobin - 9.7
Platelets - 168,000
ANC - 1600

We are so thankful today...Camryn is doing so well and there is no other response than thank you Lord.

Thank you!

Thought I'd also share a great picture with you...



Camryn, Wyatt and Riley with their Great - Grandparents...what a treasure!

And for today...our grand adventures outside...

Wyatt splashing away



Camryn getting ready to attack Daddy



I could watch these 3 for hours



Wy Man





Cam





Hope you all had a blessed Tuesday...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I'm a silent follower of your journey. But the news made me so happy, that I wanted to leave a message. I hope, you all have a loooong live.

bye

Katie said...

YAY! Great news! I know it has to give you such a boost when you get such positive results!
Love the photos. In of them Camryn looks sooo like you!
Katie :o)