But, probably the most exciting news to share...Camryn has now begun her steroid wean. Yay! This past Tuesday was her monthly clinic appointment, she saw her usual team and it was decided to begin weaning the steroids. Camryn has been on them almost two months and suffice it to say you can tell, she has gained a lot of weight and her cheeks are very steroid puffy...so we are very thrilled that her doctors decided enough is enough. So, it will take about 3 weeks to completely wean her to what will be her maintenance dose of 5mls every other day and at that dose you do not deal with the side-effects. Camryn will begin losing the weight and begin to again look like herself and the clothes that were ordered will be put away for when she is big enough on her own to wear them. Tuesday was a happy day. Her doctors also decided to put her on a new medicine as they wean the steroids and then her tacrolimus...so there are some changes being made in her medication which is always a little bit of an anxious time as we keep track of the daily regime. Camryn does super. We dose out her medicines and she takes them all on her own...it's taken her awhile to get to that point, but she feels so much more in control of things which is helpful for her.
We have had a busy month of celebrating Mother's Day and then both of our Mom's birthdays...it's been lots of fun hanging out with family and enjoying time together. We have enjoyed it!
I got home from San Francisco last night...BIG thanks to Jay who took care of the kids all on his own and he survived. I never doubted him for a second, but it is a lot to take care of two kids for three days on your own, but they did great! I missed them all terribly...but, thanks for cell phones I was able to keep in touch and enjoyed our daily chats. San Francisco is quite possibly one of my favorite places...I love it! We did a lot of fun things...walked the Golden Gate Bridge, Exploriturim, Pier 39, California Academy of Sciences, Alcatraz, cable car ride, Ghiradelli Square, AT&T Park...whew, it was a very jam packed trip but very fun. The trip always signals the end of the year...it is bittersweet. I love teaching, I love my students, but I love summer too! So, with three weeks left I will enjoy the end and the kids the Lord has blessed me with this year and look forward to the weeks of summer with my own kids and thoroughly enjoy too!
This morning we got up nice and early to head to the March of Dimes walk for prematurity. We walk in honor of Riley and Peighton, our sweet nieces who we love so much. And in memory of Blake and Ethan, our precious nephews who we long to see again. The walk means so much to us and it is a time to teach Camryn and Wyatt about the miracles of their cousins...and what their cousins mean to us. Love you all!
The rest of the weekend will be lots of relaxing and catching up...there is laundry to do and groceries to buy. But, most of all moments to enjoy.
If there is anything my time away gives me it is a perspective of just enjoying the laughter, hugs, kisses, and everything in between. The Lord has richly blessed our lives...yes there are some incredibly hard moments. I won't lie sometimes they hit me and I feel as though the storm clouds are gathering on the horizon. It is an interesting balance that daily has to be found...and some days I find it easily and some days it escapes me. Nonetheless, Jesus is faithful...
"Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn whatever state I am in, therein to be content." ~ Helen Keller





No comments:
Post a Comment