Sunday, October 10, 2010

10.10.10

Four years ago Camryn was admitted to UCLA for her first bone marrow transplant just two days away from 2 1/2...wow, on one hand it seems like a lifetime ago and on the other I can take myself back there in no time at all.

But, on 10.10 this year we headed to Disneyland to celebrate Wyatt's birthday. Yes, Wyatt's birthday was almost a month ago...but, our weekends have been pretty full so we decided on today and boy did it not disappoint. The kids had a wonderful time...tried some new rides which was fun. Camryn braved the raft ride to what I like to call Tom Sawyer's Island...Wyatt braved the Jungle Cruise for the first time...And both of them tried the Autopia and it was a blast! We had a great day, truly a very special time as a family of four...beyond blessed. Unfortunately the camera did not make it on our trip...oh well, got lots of great memories stored in my mind's eye. A very special little boy who has blessed our lives over and over again...so thankful for Wyatt!

In other happenings...

* Camryn saw the oral surgeon on Thursday and it was determined that she does not have an infection in her mouth, but rather the sores are from her medicines. Whew, a bullet dodged. The appointment did not go all that smoothly as Jason and Camryn did not know where they were going, or rather where they were told to go was misinformation. So, they spent quite a lot of time wandering around UCLA and finally after filling out a complete medical history on Camryn which as you can imagine is no easy task...they saw the surgeon. It was a very long day for Cam and Jay...but, true to their personalities they did great and I am so thankful for Jay. He is the greatest Daddy in the world for being willing to take Cam to her appointments and just be so great with her.

* Wyatt and Camryn are thoroughly enjoying my nephew Caleb who is living with my parents while going to graduate school. They get to see him almost everyday and they are loving it! Hope they aren't driving Caleb too crazy, but boy do they LOVE their oldest cousin!

* Saturday we found our way to the pumpkin patch and it was great! I took lots of pictures so I'll get those up soon...it was a fun, fun day!

* Last Sunday through Tuesday I was out of town with our 9th grade class from Village on a retreat...it was our first time and it went super! We had a great time hanging out, listening to great speakers, playing games, worshipping our Lord and just growing together. I am beyond thankful for our days together...not only for what the Lord is doing in the freshman, but even in me.

* This year I'm finding work to be an entirely new experience...the Lord truly is meeting me in so many unexpected ways. After last year when I felt so disconnected, I was longing to reconnect and maybe build some new friendships at work. The Lord is faithful...I have found myself interacting with new people and it is wonderful. The Lord is helping my isolated heart...it's truly a healing of sorts.

* It's been a busy start of the school year, but now with October coming our hearts start remembering where we've been. Last year Camryn was on steroids throughout the month of October and it was a rough time...what a difference a year makes. We are so thankful that our girl is doing well and she continues to amaze us all.

Thankful for the days ahead and the days that have passed...thankful for the Lord's faithfulness.

So thankful.

1 comment:

Amee said...

What a journey you guys have been on in 4 years! Thankful for your outlook and attitude and the example you set!

So happy to hear that things went well at the oral surgeon! Continuing to pray for you all every day...love you friend!