Sunday, September 25, 2011

"normal"...

Today Camryn did something little girls do...she went to her first "friend" party. Of course she has been to other parties, but this was the first one that was not a friend of the family or cousin. It was a party for a school friend and let me just say Camryn was over the moon to get to go!

When Camryn got the invitation I think it just might have been the coolest moment...she was so excited to be invited to S's party. We quickly put the date on our calendar and rsvp'd to the event.

We got there and I have to say that this was a new experience for both Camryn and me. I wasn't sure if parents dropped off, stayed or what exactly was the normal thing for parents to do. As we walked in it became obvious that parents were staying and welcome to stay and hang out. Camryn walked in and was a bit overwhelmed and shy, but quickly found S and S two of her best friends and all was well. I found another mom I had met at Meet the Teacher Night and chatted with her...okay, I talked with her for almost the entire party and it was wonderful. It felt nice to make a new friend and get to know some of the other moms of girls in Camryn's class...afterall, some of these girls could be her friends well into high school.

We enjoyed our day...it was nice to watch Camryn just blend in, to enjoy herself, and have friends.

Friendship is something Camryn has longed for, for a very long time. She has cried many times over the fact that she really didn't feel like she had any friends. And I know one of the best parts of school for her is having friends! She loves her friends and I daily thank the Lord for these precious girls who have shown Camryn grace, love, and acceptance!

I am praying that her friendships with these precious girls continues...and I am thankful for some neat moms to know and walk this journey of school with!

Thankful for the normal moments that are finding us...so grateful!

1 comment:

cheryl said...

There is a big Monday morning smile on my face. I am so happy for Cam and the joy that she got to experience. The idea of her just being a little girl having a great time totally fills my heart. It can't get any better than that!