This past Thursday was Meet the Teacher Night...it was with great anticipation that this night came. One for this momma who has waited for the day to take a very special little girl to meet her teacher...and now that little girl is in 2nd grade! Two for this same momma who is sending her baby to kindergarten...how in the world did that happen?! Third for this same momma who earns a living teaching 8th grade students the finer points of U.S. History. Yep, all of that rolled into one night!
Here's the bullet list of the night...
* Extreme heat...my children handle heat differently. Camryn does okay, she runs a bit cooler than oh say Wyatt. Wyatt just withers, he cannot handle and he has a sweaty mess the whole evening.
* Hanging out...our family for the first time hung out as a complete family. The last couple years I did not enjoy Meet the Teacher as it was just another reminder that Camryn was sick and that her life was not normal. But, not this year! She looked and acted like any other 2nd grader...it was amazing!
* The prayer circle which is a very cool tradition, to lay the school year at the Lord's feet asking Him to guide us as we "attempt and expect" great things from Him.
* Kindergarten...We headed down to the Kindy building to meet Wyatt's teacher. Wyatt has Mrs.L is year, what a treat! He walked in and found his desk, his cubby, and did the little scavenger hunt Mrs.L had for them. It was darling! I could not believe that our little guy was starting school...yikes! Hard to believe it all...there is just so much of this momma's heart wrapped up in our little guy to see him take this next step of growing up as me a bit teary. I may or may not cry tomorrow the first day of school...I am pretty sure I will. Wyatt is ready with his nap mat, his backpack, lunch box, paint shirt...he is ready. He loves Mrs.L as she has been a friend for a long while and he knows a few friends. In fact he saw his friends R & T from summer school and they were very excited to see him...R is in his class and I'm sure they will be big friends throughout the year.
* Second grade...Camryn walked to Mrs.B's room and was so excited to find her desk and to see that she is sitting by the one little girl she knows in the class K. Mrs. B was my second grade teacher so I know Camryn is in great hands...she'll have so much fun! Camryn checked out her desk, books, papers and enjoyed the entire experience. She is nervous, but so excited! She met a little girl S who is also new and Camryn wants to make sure S is okay and she is hoping that K & S will become her good friends. I probably don't need to say that it is beyond our wildest dreams that Camryn is going to school, real school...I don't think it will fully hit me until tomorrow morning when she walks in her room. I am so proud of her...so excited for her...this is one of the greatest marks for her that she is well and there are not enough words to capture that.
We could not be happier for Camryn & Wyatt...their story is beginning a new chapter and it feels so good and yet so odd all rolled into one. We are so thrilled to be starting something new and different...no longer dictated by hospitals, doctors, and medicines. The air is different and it is a gift beyond measure.
God is good.
He has carried us to this point, and He will continue to. But, the glory for all of this is His.
God is good.
Beyond anything else that is what is rolling through my head and heart...
This journey began almost 5 1/2 years ago and now it is changing...
In His goodness it is changing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
so excited that you will be driving to "work" with your TWO precious gifts!! I'll be praying for the day!! We were wondering what your parents are going to do with their day!! Tell them hello for us. Love you guys!!
AMEN!!! what awesome news to read. I am so happy for all of you. ENJOY!!!
So happy for your family.
Can't wait to hear all about their first day !
Oh Dana, it just warms my heart so much every time I read one of your updates. I have continued to follow Camryn's story and the rest of your lives even after we moved to Atlanta. I pray for continued healing daily and am so glad to hear of God's many blessings in your life. - Rachel Hill
Post a Comment